Paydirt Gold Bags

Ok, so I  didn't get this color  from a creek, but paid 60 bucks for a 1 pound bag of red limonite dirt from Jeff Williams on YouTube.

Love his videos for a good laugh and some good gold finding tips and tricks....

Anyway,I got 25 Klinkers out of my bag of dirt, almost no fines, heck who cares about fines...can't find my scale at the moment.

Best bag of dirt for the money so far...boy that desert dirt is almost as red as blood in my panning tub.... I wonder on that?

I was in an Indiana creek a few years back where we were getting fines under a covered bridge in creek gravels with sluices.What caught my eye was the bright red creek bank downstream. Like 100 feet of orange/ red bank. Wonder if there is gold in that stuff now ?

post-353-0-88045700-1450035833_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Yes, it was fun to do in the garage on a rainy winter day and break in a new 10 inch gold pan. Sure am glad it wasn't 30 degrees colder or we would have had a pile of white stuff...a warm winter sure goes by a lot faster than a frigid one...3 more months to go if we get lucky..is it cold in AK this year Dick?

Sweet ! Who cares what the final weight was of your "klinkers".

Sounds like you found it interesting, enjoyable and had fun .... what else matters.

Have fun with your next adventure !

Couldn't say it better Dick!!! There's no stopping a determined prospector I guess... good stuff Tom!!!  :)

Jim.

Not to mention, I didn't have to spend many hours of anxiety prone highway driving to and from a gold creek, no money spent on tolls, gas, food, motels which averages $100-150 for a weekend gold trip to Indiana for me, no dodging potholes .cops, tailgaters or other road hazards, no looking for a bathroom or parking spot, and absolutely no guarantee of even finding a speck of gold in the creek ,much less klinkers...

I just spent another $60 on another bag of dirt from Jeff. Guess the word got out and the price went up or maybe its the Xmas rush?Just want to see if the gold is consistent  and have some more flash in the pan fun in the garage for cheap.

Weight wise, my scale says 1 gram of color, and I threw the fines back in the gravels,might be going back to putz around with those.Jeff says to watch for Cu and Pt too but all I saw was hematites and chunky black pebbles.

-Tom

Hell I've had days in the gold fields that Nickel would have been nice. Good stuff.

• Like 1

Holy moly...$60 a bag for a gram?

Being unfamiliar with the paydirt scene, is there any market for "bonanza" size paydirt bags? Like 1 lb bags with 1/2 ounce or a 1 ounce of gold inside? Because I'd be willing to make and sell those for $44/gram, put much larger nuggets in (up to 1/3rd ounce), and I'd pay shipping too.