Any Recommendations For A VLF Machine For Chains And Earrings?

13 minutes ago, Dances With Doves said:

On the Nox the 6' coil is much better on the  tough gold because you can isolate the target better plus it will not get the target masked like the 11' coil.  I have a 4mm 10k  yellow gold  stud      earring that the 6" coil gets  but the 11''  is a fail on this target because of masking.If you can get to where the  roped swimming   areas are in  your lake then go to town on these targets. 

I'm hunting a semi private park on the lake, the swimming isn't concentrated in one spot but spread out over a 2-3 block long area. The lake level is raised and lowered every year. Right now the water is down 10-15 feet which has exposed 80-100 of beach. The jewelry is spread out from the old beach line to the water and from one end to the other.  There are 3 of these types of parks and the conditions are the same. So far this year, I'm the only one hunting it and have done pretty good. I'm just convinced there are some gold chains and earrings waiting to fill my pouch lol.Here's a picture of a couple spots with some of the finds.

beach1.jpg

beach2.jpg

finds.jpg

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

You have the Nox already....I don't think your missing enough that would pay for another machine. Maybe I'm wrong but how much do you think your missing with the Nox? 

The monetary value isn't the motivator, more like the challenge of finding the items. I'm new at water hunting, first year, and I'm not sure what to expect as far as chains and small gold.  I've sold a couple gold rings which paid for the Nox and just sold some silver jewelry which will pay for the 6"

• Like 3

Water hunting is fun, a closed prospecting coil could be tough as they may float. I would try the 11" and it might do very well. Ponts here may have a few square tabs, fishing sinkers and lot of bottle caps that people would fling out but trash tends to be lower than the shoreline. At least that is how it seems to be here. Of course I don't count the large river we have that is horrid to hunt.

I love the display Dan.   You have a great spot to hunt.

HH

Mike

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mike Hillis said:

I love the display Dan.   You have a great spot to hunt.

HH

Mike

Thanks Mike, best part is, all 3 parks are within 15 minutes of my house. 99% came from the dry area above the waterline, I spent very little time in the water because it was going down on a steady basis.  I'm very blessed 🙂

• Like 3