How Come No Post On AQ Finds

6 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Most of my hunting has came to a halt the last month. Since I am my Moms caregiver,... I was only able to get out a few times last month. Hopefully next year I can get back to normal. I know....It's killing me setting out these low winter tides!  The good, the gold is not going anywhere and I am alive.....

Hi joe!

I heared you are testing 8 coil for the AQ right now, I know that it can be confidential and you can't expose any info,just preciate if you post some thoughts later when it is OK to post anything about that! Cheers

• Like 2

I dont find this unusual with the limited amount of machines.   We see it with the MDT too.  I scratch my head as to why.   Some just bought it to hunt with and if its doing good why advertise.   But .... people like to see results and THATS what sells more machines.  The other side of that coin is..... when you sell a LOT of machines people focus on whats breaking.   The number of hunters especially water hunter is starting to slow down with the weather and lack of contributors.   If you like the machine and want it to succeed and develop into the next generation..... well posting or talking about it is how that gets done.  Here in Fl...... now is the perfect time for this type machine with the tide shifts, north winds which move sand more naturally south, and fewer hunters willing to get wet..... you can spend more time NOT chasing recent drops.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Yellowstone said:

Another reason i don’t post is because a lot of hunts look like this.2BB61EE8-AA31-48E9-9591-FE076FEF67BE.thumb.jpeg.961e880a18959a2d13f303a00d0455c8.jpeg

Throw in a few more coins and maybe a junker and that's my pile. So true....doesn't matter what kind of machine you got either. But I would say the worst is totally sanded in and you barely get any targets...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, PPP said:

Hi joe!

I heared you are testing 8 coil for the AQ right now, I know that it can be confidential and you can't expose any info,just preciate if you post some thoughts later when it is OK to post anything about that! Cheers

I've not got the Ok yet,  like all small coils, it adds versatility but the big coil is still my favorite. I know they are working on other things also that will (does) enhance the performance! And Alexandre is still the man on a never resting mission to better the "AQ". .

• Like 5

I haven't used any machine in over two weeks because of an addition to the family.  I got in one hunt before ... a different treasure package arrived early.

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

I haven't used any machine in over two weeks because of an addition to the family.  I got in one hunt before ... a different treasure package arrived early.

Congratulations! What a Blessing! 

Looks like you will be out of commission for the next few months..👶

• Thanks 1

On 12/3/2020 at 9:30 AM, Carolina said:

I myself had two reasons to stop posting. One I felt like a braggart since only two at first were posting finds, myself being one and two, as winter moves in, for me finds are more concentrated to only a couple spots and competition knows where I am, so I’d rather not advertise. I love this machine and Rick and Fisher have been very supportive. Couldn’t ask for anything more.

I can understand reason two but reason one is ridiculous. You should never let those thoughts stop you from posting your finds. If you do well, we want to see it.

• Thanks 1

I don't post find often for the reason that the competition can sometimes identify where I was hunting. Some of the targets can be unique to a beach. Such as musket balls, bus tokens, other tokens, high school rings, fishing weights, the age of the rings such as signets. By the way, most of my finds have been by a Nox so they of course would not be shown here.

When I do post, I mostly post on Facebook because I have a limited audience and not the hundreds of people that read forums.

• Like 2

Ok, I was feeling guilty and the tide was right!  I got out for a couple of hours on one of my favorite beaches.  Let me use the word SAND!  haha  As in sanded in.  The last time I worked this beach it was down 6+ feet.  That makes for less than ideal conditions even on the low tide.  Maybe if I had been working this beach as it filled in that would be different.

I was pretty much in standard settings but I did experiment.  As you can see there were not many targets.

The most interesting target was the piece of aluminium in the center.  I dug it at about 5 inches.  Before I could get it out of the wet sand hole it just disappeared.  It was still in the hole but could not be seen.  I know because I scooped it out and then could see it again.

I had a small gold test nugget with me that I laid down on the beach.  It is less than half a gram, closer to .25 I'd say.  In the standard settings on damp beach ground it could not see it.  I experimented and got it to see it with limited depth but I don't remember the settings.  It will take more time to know how to go.

Mitchel 

IMG_20201204_213139_195.jpg

• Like 3