How Come No Post On AQ Finds

11 hours ago, Badger-NH said:

I can understand reason two but reason one is ridiculous. You should never let those thoughts stop you from posting your finds. If you do well, we want to see it.

Sorry I seem ridiculous to you. I only told the truth.

The competition doesnt bother me especially if i have a deeper machine.....and the time on the machine.   As far as showing what you find...... those finds are important to those on the fence and they are realistic.    Showing those kind of finds alone with the mode and how you hunted the area along with the difficulties also shorten the learning curve for others and may get you suggestions on how to adjust the machine a bit. 

Joes thats good to know...... because that big coil i a little difficult to get in a hole.   I assume the virus was the reason for the coil delay?   Any word on the production model release day or UPGRADES short of what was posted?  Sounded like mostly hardware stuff.  By the way you are getting some good reviews on that long run battery.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Carolina said:

Sorry I seem ridiculous to you. I only told the truth.

I didn't say that you were ridiculous. I said your reason for not posting your finds was ridiculous.  🙂

Who cares if someone might think you are bragging. Ignore them. Their opinion means nothing.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Badger-NH said:

I didn't say that you were ridiculous. I said your reason for not posting your finds was ridiculous.  🙂

Who cares if someone might think you are bragging. Ignore them. Their opinion means nothing.

I agree. On most forums, people will call you a liar and say you didn't really find that. Then the mob mentality takes over and before you know it, most people stop posting their finds and advice. Posting here is a bit different, and you should not worry about posting, especially if you have been posting finds for a while. If someone is brand new and is an unknown, then maybe I would look at their post with some skepticism, but someone who not only posts, but interacts providing their settings, advice, tricks they learned, has an established reputation. I for one would not doubt your finds even if you posted 20 gold rings, because I know it can happen on rare occasions. It never happens to me though 🤣

• Like 1

I will now post a finding with the AQ. There are those here with the AQ who have expressed their liking of the mute mode over tone mode. I would caution you about the mute mode and the volcanic mode. On my beaches there is some iron, bobbie pins, fish hooks and tent stakes. During tourist season lots of coins and junk rings as well as gold. In this situation I prefer tone mode over all metal as the depth loss is little and more than enough for recent drops. You can tell pins and hooks as well as some stakes with a double ping and or broken signal and iron grunt. The gold always comes in as a solid high tone with the exception of those heavy high k pigs which will give a iron grunt. This is where your beach knowledge of classification comes into play. The coin grunts will be much higher up the beach than most of those heavy rings. Now for mute mode and volcanic. If you set up your detector the way Alexandre does your ATS will be between 7 1/2 & 8 1/2 with reject around 3 or 4 for maximum depth. This will give the iron grunt and solid high ping for gold. If you now change to mute mode, the detector will mute iron and ping high on gold. Same for volcanic. Now if you do an air test with say a Carabiner clip the machine will mute due to the metal spring clip. Now hold the Carabiner and any gold ring at the same time and cross the coil. The gold ring will mute in mute and volcanic. Only in tone mode will you get the high ping on gold while the iron is present. I think you could miss many golds if iron is present running in mute or volcanic. How big of iron does it take for this to occur I can not say. There are exceptions to everything. Just something to think about and you can try this at home.  During the off season and out waist and chest deep I would say all metal is the way to go. Good luck everybody.

• Like 6

"One I felt like a braggart since only two at first were posting finds,"

Even though I don't have the AQ yet I have felt this way at times. This summer I was on a hot streak finding gold 4 days in a row with the best find on that 4th day. I never posted that ring, in part, because it just seemed too much to believe. It was even hard for me to believe my luck that week.

As far as the AQ goes, I had the chance to get one but decided to wait. It was a tough decision and I even wonder from time to time as to whether or not I made a mistake. I mean, I wanted one of these for years. I still do, but to be honest, I wonder if the AQ Limited would really be that much better than what I am using now, the TDI Beachhunter with which I am having a great year with.

On top of that, it does seem like there have been a few problems that warranted people having to send their machines back for repair. Granted, it does sound like the response from Fisher has been prompt and thorough but perhaps the next generation of AQ will be even more reliable. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Compass said:

"One I felt like a braggart since only two at first were posting finds,"

Even though I don't have the AQ yet I have felt this way at times. This summer I was on a hot streak finding gold 4 days in a row with the best find on that 4th day. I never posted that ring, in part, because it just seemed too much to believe. It was even hard for me to believe my luck that week.

As far as the AQ goes, I had the chance to get one but decided to wait. It was a tough decision and I even wonder from time to time as to whether or not I made a mistake. I mean, I wanted one of these for years. I still do, but to be honest, I wonder if the AQ Limited would really be that much better than what I am using now, the TDI Beachhunter with which I am having a great year with.

On top of that, it does seem like there have been a few problems that warranted people having to send their machines back for repair. Granted, it does sound like the response from Fisher has been prompt and thorough but perhaps the next generation of AQ will be even more reliable. 

I have posted just a few pics of some finds. Only because others have and I thought it was fair. But it doesn't bother me if I'm doubted on pics or what I say on forums. I believe your streaks because I have them too. That's all that matters. In person though it's a bit different with some friends. I hunt more than them therefore I usually find more. But I have detected a bit of animosity at times. So now I toned it down some. One thing is i have never showed or talked about ALL my finds , never will.

About the AQ. I feel the same. Probably best to wait it out for the machine to be perfected. But at the same time , why ? I do pretty good with my PI. After all that's what the AQ is anyway. So maybe it goes a few inches deeper , idk. Is that truly worth it , IF the gold isn't there anyway ? I don't hunt bays or inner tidal zones enough. As you know Compass , when we talk "sanded in" , it's not measured in a few inches. Sanded in here to me and my buddies is measured in FEET !!! Last big storm a month ago had some massive 8' vertical cuts. A little over a week later , same areas have 8-12' of sand. Very few targets now and NO machine is gonna hit it. It's just being lucky finding a piece that hasn't fully sunk yet. But as of now I'm not willing to drop $2-3k on another detector with accessories to hunt the dry. HH !

• Like 3

I have had people doubt some of my finds before and I actually feel sorry for them. If they don't believe that something is possible it is unlikely that they will ever have that kind of success. I don't even mention that there are many hunters out there that do better than me.

• Like 5