Anniversary Medallion From 1915

Was hitting an area with my Tejon and came across this medalion that I missed 3x before and my buddy missed with his Nox. We missed it probably because there are so many targets in the area you just become target fatigued. Also it was pretty loud and easy to skip over because there is a lot of copper pieces. I had my disc 1 at just above iron and so If I got a crackle I would check for any signs of additional targets with the all metal mode. 2nd disc set to pull tab to quck check for coppers and silvers. Simple hunting and pretty quiet. Not much aluminum as alum has a pretty flat tone and easy to recognize.

IMG_1317.jpg

62872698453__4B352F65-B736-4938-B20F-6F54EA25DBEC.JPG

IMG_1318.JPG

IMG_1319.JPG

Found bit more info as the city made some coins with same art. Haven't found anything on medallion version. Not sure if these were fewer or handed out to more important people?  https://so-calleddollars.com/Events/Haverhill_275th_Anniversary.html

• Like 4

Once again you come up with a very nice find with some history behind it.

Good luck on your next hunt!

• Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Anniversary Medallion From 1915

Talked to local museum and they said they have a few of these already so I figured won't hurt to chuck it through my tumbler with carbon steel burnishing shot with tumbling soap. Turns out this was silver plated, just couldn't see it with the petina. I stopped once most of the crud was gone as I don't want to chip any of the plating. Tumbling time just a couple hours.

IMG_1323.JPG

IMG_1324.JPG

• Like 1