My Aq's First Bit Of Gold

1 hour ago, dewcon4414 said:

Let me know ahead of time so I don’t follow you down the beach Bob.   Right now I’m hoping you are getting the trash out of my way before you totally learn it lol.

If the metal makes a sound... I'm digging it from the ground!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cuniagau said:

Congrats on the AU earring!  FT had my headphones for three weeks and then sent them back saying that they couldn't find anything wrong with them and I am still have the same problem you described.  My fault that I didn't send the whole thing in.   

I sent the whole thing in describing two problems I thought I had. The foremost was intermittent decrease and / or complete cutoff in one earcup opposite the side where the wire attaches. The other was a positive sound / reaction when touching the outer right hand plastic housing on the pod while partially submerged in saltwater. The AQ was returned to me with a note saying "circuit replaced". I went hunting with it and the first time out after about an hour or so, the volume suddenly cut off on one side again... 

I was bummed....

I gently wiggled all wires and knobs, checked all connections and no difference. I then pressed in on the faulty earcup and suddenly the volume was working again. I let go and off it went. It did this several times until I could no longer fix it. At least I was relieved that the problem / source had been absolutely determined. I contacted Rick and FT and another set of headphones were quickly on there way. I have used the machine about 14 hours now in and out of the water and everything is working perfectly.

• Like 5

On 12/5/2020 at 8:06 AM, okara gold said:

Hmmm... I did pass on some faint one way signals thinking they were probably bad. I'll start digging those in the near future. Was just kinda concentrating on the X pattern good signals. 

Yes, many of those will only come thru if you stay at the same angle..... you try and circle them they could possibly disappear. Most are even questionable after a couple of scoops. I'll scoop and check also, not the dig a couple of scoops then check for sometimes they disappear if the dig/scoop was off a fraction.

• Like 1