Has The Sea Ghost Housing Been Discussed On This Forum?

Do you have to take out the 10 screws each time the batteries need to be charged? How does battery life compare to the stock batteries?

thank you

An interesting question, BigSky Guy. The 8-pin coil connector only uses 7 pins, there's a spare. And the 0 Volt/ground of the USB port appears to be connected to one of the coil pins ( transmit cold ). So in principle, the spare pin could connect to the 5 Volt of the USB port. That then allows you to charge the battery through the coil connector.
However, it's worth noting he's used an 8-pin connector for the audio output, even though it only needs 3 pins .... so perhaps he's simply wired all 4 USB pins to that connector ( and just leaving one spare pin )

• Like 1

I assume there's three 18650's in parallel, so if the best available types with 3400 mAh capacity are used, that's 10200 mAh , which is about double the nominal 5000 mAh capacity of the 26650 size. Even if more modest 2400 mAh cells were used, that's still 7200 mAh, with estimated 19 hours run-time.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I considered this mod in my first equinox 800, but finally I sold it and get a new one... Only for the warranty. 

Those who have the SeaghostMod, what can you say about the Equinox for diving? Anyone compared it with Excalibur?

Thanks!