Has The Sea Ghost Housing Been Discussed On This Forum?

Do you know if it continues to manufacture?  A colleague has written to him on Facebook and he does not respond to messages or connect

On 5/3/2021 at 11:15 PM, Airtemisa said:

I considered this mod in my first equinox 800, but finally I sold it and get a new one... Only for the warranty. 

Those who have the SeaghostMod, what can you say about the Equinox for diving? Anyone compared it with Excalibur?

Thanks! 

This eq mod is not really for diving, but you can easily take it 10m deep. Headphones a pretty loud.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/7/2020 at 8:22 AM, pjrough said:

I am Ukraine born, but currently located in EU. 

Unfortunately the EQ kit is not DIY type of product, so you have to ship your detector to Ukraine. Ones the modificación is ready you are getting back ready to use equinox along with a charging cable, waterproof headphones and the grip.

There is the same story happen with vanquish: you have to ship it. There are some soldering to be done, thus kit is not suitable for self installation.

Although some older housings (explorer/etrac series) were suitable for DIY assembly.

Different installation variants are available. Here is my EQ600 (pot is made by seaghost, the rest is done by me):

Adobe_20201125_215210.thumb.png.420f3e06622c1ab09f1816044078739e.png

What is your opinion of the waterproof headphones supplied by Sea Ghost?

On 5/5/2021 at 4:26 PM, Luis said:

Do you know if it continues to manufacture?  A colleague has written to him on Facebook and he does not respond to messages or connect

I saw a post on his FB page recently that another customer from Italy or Spain (don’t remember) is going to run his page or social media stuff?  Maybe time?  I’m sure this guy has a day job and doesn’t make a living off of these. I do wish there was a more informative site on this product and how to go about getting it.  I’m sure there is some level of skepticism or worry to send an expensive detector to a guy you don’t know in Russia and a few hundred bucks and hope you get it back..

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I would be very interested to see how this turns out for you guys that have sent your units in. This has been done for so many different units now that you have to begin to wonder why Minelab and others don’t do the same. I think for equinox 10 meters is not bad. That’s about the reach of the better hookah diving units and give you a lot of places to explore. Personally, I’d rather just be able to buy the kit and do it myself, but I have the means and skill to DIY it with materials in hand. 

• Like 1