Steve's Carbon-fiber Sand Scoop Handles...

Hi all!

I would like to remind those of you in the market for a high-quality, heavy duty carbon-fiber sand scoop handle that I'm now branching out with my company into producing these handles.  While they are not up on my webpage as of yet, I do offer handles for T-Rex scoops, and have just begun offering handles for Xtreme and Stealth scoops (including marine-grade stainless steel threaded insert, bolt, and washer for attachment to the Xtreme and Stealth scoops).  I also have word from Nokta, regarding handle diameter dimensions compatible with their brand-new sand scoops, and can now confirm that I can offer handles for these Nokta scoops as well.  Finally, I have also done a few handles for customers who own other brands of scoops, on a special-order basis.  So, if you are in the market for a great carbon-fiber scoop handle, please contact me either here, or via email at steve@stevesdetectorrods.com, and I'll work to provide you with the handle you need.

Thanks!

Steve

RonnieProto(March)1.jpg

full-length-handle(cropped).jpg

20-degree-cut(reduced).jpg

scoophandle-sharkskin2.JPG

• Like 2

Nice, what is the diameter of that? Thinking of making a couple foot diggers.

kac -- the OD is 35mm (1 3/8"), but the lowest 6" or so is CNC lathed slightly smaller, depending upon which scoop it is intended for.  For instance, the T-Rex model is lathed to about 34.5mm, the Stealth to about 34.75mm.  I can do them in whatever diameter is needed -- even something different than the baseline 35mm diameter, but it would be a "special-order" item as I'd have to get the tubes from my producer.

Just let me know if you'd like more info...

Thanks!

Steve

Thanks, I just need to look up tubing to fit over and base it close to 35mm. You have an approx weight on these and price?

Forgot to ask if these can be made at 36" long. Finalizing the head of the digger for it and found some stock that should fit nice and allow a good glue line.

kac --

Weight for the standard 46 1/2" model checks in right around 23.75 oz. (673g).  Obviously, a 36" one would be a good bit lighter -- and yes, I can build you a 36 incher, no problem.  

I could probably do a 36" model for you for about $100 plus shipping...

Thanks kac!

Steve

Thanks, pricing out the rest of the stuff and will be tooling up. 2-3 lb foot diggers sounds pretty cool :)

• Like 1

kac -- sounds good!  Just let me know if/when you would like to purchase, and I'll get you taken care of!  I agree, sounds like a pretty cool project!

Steve

I have one of Steve's shafts for my Stealth 920 and it's unquestionably the best I've seen...period.

My review of his scoop shaft is posted here:

Great job Steve!

• Like 2

Thanks for the kind words, Colonel (and appreciate the review, of course!)

Steve

• 2 months later...

Hi all!  Just an update to say that I currently have 35mm (1 3/8") scoop handles in stock, in models designed to fit T-Rex, Stealth, and Xtreme scoops.  Soon, I will also have a few 31mm (1 1/4") handles -- for Coob scoops.

Please let me know if you are in need of a high-quality carbon-fiber scoop handle, at a reasonable price!

Thanks!

Steve

www.stevesdetectorrods.com

www.facebook.com/stevesdetectorrods

email:steve@stevesdetectorrods.com

• Like 2
  • Similar Content

• By Bryan
      Greetings from the 49th State! Alaska Mining & Diving Supply (AMDS) has received our Spring stock of all things prospecting!!! We have been outfitting miners in the Last Frontier since 1976. Dredges, high-bankers, dredge/banker combos, sluices, detectors, dry suits, pans, picks, classifiers, a library of books, and everything in between!!! Stock is moving fast so don't delay. Stop in, call us (907.277.1741), or jump on our website here ---> AKMining.com

• By Bryan
      Alaska Mining & Diving Supply (AMDS) has a large order of Minelab GPX 6000 detectors on the way. Models will be shipped first come, first serve, and will be shipped by FREE 2 Day Fed Ex to get it to you quickly and reliably. We expect our first shipment soon (our order size is large enough the detectors will arrive in batches), so reserve yours now. I'm the new mining manager at AMDS, and would love to hear from you! 
      As a recently retired veteran of the U.S. Coast Guard, I fully support my fellow service members, and we here at AMDS honor the 15% military discount offered by Minelab. 
      Be safe out there and have a great season!
      Minelab GPX 6000 at Alaska Mining & Diving
      Bryan Alexander
      Mining and Power Equipment Manager
      Alaska Mining and Diving
      Anchorage, AK 99501
      mining@akmining.com
    • By Gerry in Idaho
      Gerry's Detectors of Boise, Idaho is one of the longest lasting and well known Gold Detector dealers of Minelab in the US.  Since I have used every PI Minelab with Success since the SD-2100, I know their reputation and I know our 3 day Field Training is the best in the industry.  So knowing that many of my successful customers on this fine Detector Prospector Forum are going to be getting on board with the new GPX-6000, I placed an extremely large order has a large order.  If you are out of of the state of Idaho and purchase direct from me, I do not charge sales tax.  I'm expecting first shipment anytime, so reserve yours now.
      As a Marine veteran who has a long family list of different branches of the military, I am honored to provide the full 15% military discount to those who have earned it.
      Gerry McMullen
      Gerry's Metal Detectors
      208-345-8898
      gerrys1det@cableone.net
      Picture is some of the gold I found on a week when I was taking groups to Ganes Creek, AK.  Our good buddy Steve, told me I was good enough to get there and make some money, which I did.

• By Jim McCulloch
      I am closing out the last of my gold Master GMT and 24K coils and coil covers. All of these are absolutely brand new, never mounted on a rod. Each coil comes with a brand new coil cover. All prices are postpaid. GMT Sierra Gold Max $120. Two are available. GMT 10 x 6 standard Double D coil $120. One available . 24K 14 x 8 coil, $200. Two are available. Individual coil covers 10 x 6 oval GMT $11. The Flat 6 in round coil for the 24K and GMX $11. The 6 by 4 shooter oval coil $10. I have several of each of the ladder coils you can contact me at 760 401-7514.
    • By Gerry in Idaho
      As a dealer, I have taken many detectors in trade and with the new GPX-6000 coming soon, I'll probably be taking more gold detectors in trade from my 25 yrs of customers.  Here are some parts I figured is time to start clear up.  I have a variety of Upper and or S rods for different models of detectors.  Many folks use S rods for better ergonomics.  Some folks have worn out there old rod and need a new one.  Others just might want an extra one to look good when they trade their detector?
      I'm asking $35 shipped no tax for 1, $60 shipped no tax for 2, $85 shipped no tax for 3, $100 shipped for 4, or $120 for 5, or $150 shipped for all.

Anyone looking for the black metal upper straight shaft for Minelab GP/GPX, I have some.    Also have non metal lower shafts of a variety lengths for the GP/GPX.
      Even have a few non metal carbon fiber upper shafts for GP/GPX (those were my favorite) as they are lighter and no metal.
      Have a few swing arms in the stash as well.

• By Gerry in Idaho
      As a longtime follower of Detector Prospector and active member sharing stories/finds/knowledge, I might as well start taking Pre Orders and give those who are new to the game, a name/place you can have confidence in dealing with.  We all sell at the same price as Amazon, but a few of us like Rob, Doc and myself offers what mail order and eBay do not.  I don't care if you get free stuff, it won't make you a better gold hunter.  
      Those of you know don't know me just Google Search www.gerrysdetectors.com and you'll learn plenty.  What separates my Field Staff and I from other dealers, is the knowledge we earn while in the field and share at the Field Training Sessions we provide.  I've been using/selling Minelab detectors for 20+ yrs and what keeps me going is passion.  Some have read of my adventures to Alaska, England, Australia, Italy, Bahamas, Mexico and all over the US as Metal Detecting is me.
      I'm a US Marine VET myself so if you are a VET, I'll be happy to offer the full 15% discount for the new GPX-6000.
      You want to see some success videos or my Field Staff Experts and I sharing knowledge, go to the videos on my website www.gerrysdetector.com
      Is the GPX-6000 the detector for you?  How about a GPZ-7000 or SDC-2300 and what are the differences?  For some, why should you maybe start out with an Equinox 800 or Gold Monster 1000?  Lets have that conversation and find out before you pull the trigger.
      I don't have a regular job and sell detectors on the side, my only income is selling detectors, adventures and helping fulfill dreams.
      Call me up, lets talk and if we think the GPX-6000 is for you, I'll put your name on the list.  If you feel any other gold detector is in your eyesight, lets talk about it and compare the Pros/Cons of each.  After all, I sell near 200 different models of detectors.