Tesoro Lobo Ground Balance Mod?

Anyone know if a manual ground balance pot and knob can be added to the Tesoro Lobo ST like they do on the Cibola? If so, who does this mod and how much would it cost? Thanks for any info.

Thank Steve,

Keith has a video on You Tube about how he adjusted the pot for disc mode on his. Tried to reach him on another forum but his in box is full. Is he a member here too?

Found him here in the member list and sent him a PM

I do not think Keith Wills is a member here but I could be wrong. According to this post at Link deleted since Findmall update broke all old links by Monte there are two trimmer pots that exist and need adjusting. Many old Tesoro designs had the discrimination tied to the ground balance setting, so maybe the second trimmer adjusts the disc after the GB is set? Just speculating.

Could just email or call Keith via his website link I provided above. If you find out anything please let us know.

The designer, Dave Johnson, posts on TreasureNet as woof! with the exclamation mark. You could PM him also. Long shot but you never know. Or he may see your post there and respond.

Ok, i had the wrong Keith. The fella i was refering to is Keith Southern not Keith Wills. If i find out anything i will be sure to post it here. Thanks Steve.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes the Lobo St can be modified...

I have video of it being power balanced...and it does gain depth in disc mode...

you could move the pot to the outside ...But remeber the disc mode has no threshold so you will have to ground bal the machine bobbing and listenig for ground noise in the disc circuit....and also the disc setting will change as you ground bal...So say a nail is rejected at 2.5 but you change the ground bal....dont forget to reset the disc...it may take 3 to disc a nail or you maye be to positve on the the disc at 2.5 and inadvertanlty mask an item..

Use caution if you do an extrenal mod...I would not do it...its already set to ferrite...so that would be like about 90 if you have a numeric scale...You can turn it back some inside iof you have bad dirt and gain depth but mark it first..a setting of 80 might be as low as you could go again if you had a scale to go by...A neagtive gorun bal works better wiht a DD coil noise wise...

That's the reason tesoro is so weird about not having ground bal on the disc side of the Cortes...it will skew the I.D.

for some reason they have not spent time developing a circuit that will update I.D as the gorund bal changes...

Thanks for the info and explanation Keith.