Another Flying Eagle And Some Buttons

Took a closer look at the crown object and not really sure what it is. Metal seems to be pewter.

Here are some close-ups.

IMG_1331.JPG

IMG_1332.JPG

IMG_1333.JPG

• Like 2

Look's like a chess piece to me!👍👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Nice hunting and some very good finds.

Good luck when you go out again, but stop playing hooky at work!

11 hours ago, kac said:

Took a closer look at the crown object and not really sure what it is. Metal seems to be pewter.

Drawer pull for a tiny drawer?  The long (relatively speaking) shank allows it to be firmly and accurately located.  Can you tell if the hole is threaded?  Could also be similar but for a lid on a small wooden (or even glass) container, such as a tobacco jar or makeup or jewelry container.

I like the way you nonchalantly tossed in 'another' for your FE cent.  😁  I haven't found any of those early cupro-nickel cents (yet).

Good to see that new coil is paying off.  I wondered if it would hang up on the vegetation.  (I'm going to attach a polycarbonate sheet to the bottom of my just arrived Mars Sniper 6"x10" for my Fisher F75 so I can use it in similar conditions.  Probably attach a 'lid' on the coil, too, to keep rubble from piling up in there.)

• Thanks 1

No threads so it was peened to a lid of some sorts. I think your right about a glass container. I get excited over details, the knob had more than the FE hahahah. I love that new coil but being so thin and not as robust as stock coils I take a little more caution in the woods as it is so easy to snag up on a stick. I'll let people know when I start making some solid covers for coils. 2 piece can be secured with plastic screws.

I just need to make a vacuum table. Can use an ordinary shop vac to draw the air out. Pattern can be done out of MDF and heating the plastic can be done in an oven on a cookie sheet if you want to keep it simple.

• The title was changed to Another Flying Eagle And Some Buttons
On 12/9/2020 at 8:48 PM, kac said:

Here are some close-ups.

IMG_1331.JPG

Nice digs!  That buckle looks like a nice find too.  I've yet to find a flying eagle penny, or large cent, they're just not common on the left coast.

Those crown tops were used on scent bottles, and possibly fancy glass condiment bottle tops:

https://www.google.com/search?q=crown+top+perfume+bottles&safe=off&sxsrf=ALeKk011K6cxrhTelg1nCWnW37NmnN9piA:1607724917585&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj2vu-E-sbtAhUBip4KHfdaCmwQ_AUoAXoECBEQAw&biw=1920&bih=938

GL&HH,
Cal

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Flying Eagles, Trimes and some ring pull tabs have similar tid's, FE's sound like copper pennies but with different number and Trimes can be faint and even skip signals if on edge. Probably why most people walk over them.

Hit the area again and found a cool ring, old fountain nearby but ground had been reworked as there is a can line about 8-10" down and lots of iron bits to keep the machine grunting away.

Found this old key though from Young's Hotel. I believe it is the hotel located in Boston est 1860 and closed up in 1927. Cleaned up nice in the tumbler

62949101597__84660A53-7BA8-44F0-83CD-1519A7ED9EF0.JPG

IMG_1336.JPG

IMG_1337.JPG

Young's_Hotel,_Boston,_Mass._by_Detroit_Publishing_Co_NYPL.jpg

fountain.jpg

• Like 3