Speed Readers Edition Of The Complete Unabridged Zip Zip By Larry Sallee

karelian

Clearly for someones entertainment only, very poor quality so no copyright breaches intended. Life is too short so jump in a couple minutes, about 2.30 . What a tease...

https://youtu.be/j2xUmj2tOWI

Given the high value of these books I think it is wise to preserve an individual digital copy. Keep it on you phone or Ipad and the original safe at home. Personal use only, not for sale or distribution.  Ok it is not a rare manuscript or rare hand written bible, but Larry Sallee's book may possibly be even harder to get. Took me years to find a copy that the seller was prepared to ship over to Australia. I've read mine over and over again. Highly recommended regardless of what machine you swing.

Electronic prospecting requires a broad skill set and I found reading books on the subject very informative. Partnering up with more experienced prospectors is the best way, but reading sure does help. All the best.

IMG_1420 (1).JPG

• Like 6

Nice collection; lots of great authors and information there. I had all of the Zip Zip series books when I started gold nugget detecting. Larry Sallee covers virtually everything there is to know about prospecting with a VLF gold detector - real “meat & potatoes” reading!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, afreakofnature said:

I like how there is a Playboy in that collection too 😊

I also noticed this and then wondered if they had an article in that issue about prospecting.  (That's what you say when you get caught, anyway.  Just ask Gerry.)

8 hours ago, karelian said:

Electronic prospecting requires a broad skill set and I found reading books on the subject very informative.

Quite a library!  Who is the author of middle row, second from left titled The Prospector's Handbook?

What I liked about the book is the emphasis on signal clarity over signal loudness.  Really opened my eyes early on to gain/sensitivity control, even more so when I witnessed just how bad my ground would mask small signals as I raised the gain.   I could test my ground with a normal Daisy BB and actually hear it break up and disappear as I raised my gain.   Real eye opening stuff.

Good book to re-read every so often, especially if you have or hunt hot ground.

HH
Mike

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Speed Readers Edition Of The Complete Unabridged Zip Zip By Larry Sallee

I think principedeleon may just have saved some folks a lot of money and frustration. Just need to use the pause button..

Not shown are the paper topographical maps, map books and history books.. small library focused on Victorian goldfields and history. Lots of titles are autographed copies. Decades in the making, starting in the 1980's and ongoing. Never too old to learn something new. This hobby combines my love of reading, the great outdoors and electronic gizmo's.. All the best.

IMG_1417 (2).JPG

IMG_1419.JPG

IMG_1425 (3).JPG

• Like 1

Would you mind taking a few pics of what is in the Doug Stone “Gold Prospecting” book?  I have the “metal detecting for gold in Australia” book by him but I was always curious what is in his “gold prospecting” book and I cannot find any copies here in the United States. I was just wondering if it gives locations in Australia or if it gives techniques or if it is actually just so some of the things that he says already in his big book.  I see the latest edition is 1999/2000.  
For example when I was researching Jim Straight’s “Follow the Drywashers” I wanted to get all the editions to see what new information he might’ve given but in the end if you have editions 6, 7 or 8 they’re basically the same for metal detecting technique and information. Not putting that book down because it’s one of the best actually. You just don’t need each edition.  Thanks 🙏