Speed Readers Edition Of The Complete Unabridged Zip Zip By Larry Sallee

karelian

10 hours ago, karelian said:

I think principedeleon may just have saved some folks a lot of money and frustration. Just need to use the pause button..

Not shown are the paper topographical maps, map books and history books.. small library focused on Victorian goldfields and history. Lots of titles are autographed copies. Decades in the making, starting in the 1980's and ongoing. Never too old to learn something new. This hobby combines my love of reading, the great outdoors and electronic gizmo's.. All the best.

IMG_1417 (2).JPG

IMG_1419.JPG

IMG_1425 (3).JPG

I need me a collection like that.. these books which are hard to find should be free to the public.. or there should be a webpage with all these books information put into for the masses.  Everyone is promoting metao detectors and finds but very little information on how to detect while looking for the metal  

Gold Prospecting by Doug Stone cover and index as requested.

Gold Book.JPG

Index 1.JPG

Index 2.JPG

• Like 1

Lucky in Victoria, Australia; that our maps and archives have largely been digitized. So they are available for download online. Makes research so much easier. Also there is a rich history of published works covering our states goldfields.

Most of the published books are available and reasonably priced, some are collectable and fetch a premium price... In the fullness of time I suspect 'everything' will be digitized and more easily available.

IMG_2097.JPG

IMG_2098.JPG

Whilst there is an investment required, I work on the basis that good research enables better utilization of limited financial resources and equally importantly saves valuable time. Research is one of the keys to success, plus it makes me more aware of our countries and states history. A win win for all.

IMG_2115.JPG

IMG_2116.JPG

IMG_2114.JPG

IMG_2112.JPG

IMG_2113.JPG

IMG_2117.JPG

geof_junk spot on, add 'The History of Gold Discovery in Victoria' by James Flett and you have most of the subject covered.

• Like 1

The History of Gold Discovery in Victoria' by James Flett has many unknown location not found in most reference. I have not read his work since 1980 but it was enjoyable way of finding the spread of gold finds in Victoria.