AQ Finds Its 2nd Gold Ring. Tiny!!

Nice job. You are on a streak.... no pressure😄 Were you able to get an idea of how deep it was? I'm thinking there are probably more small rings left than big honkers. The really big ones are probably deep, hopefully out of reach of other machines. All the bigger new drops that are shallower, are being found by the competition. I went out yesterday to a small beach and had 3 other detectorists there already.

• Like 2

Nice one Bob!! I swear the "AQ" is Hotter on small gold rings then the bigger one's.. Even though it hits hard on the big ones I think we will see more of the smaller ring because they are more likely to move.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Finding the small gold is as impressive as finding the deep gold- congrats!! 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Nice job. You are on a streak.... no pressure😄 Were you able to get an idea of how deep it was? I'm thinking there are probably more small rings left than big honkers. The really big ones are probably deep, hopefully out of reach of other machines. All the bigger new drops that are shallower, are being found by the competition. I went out yesterday to a small beach and had 3 other detectorists there already.

I’m thinking it was about 8 to 10 inches. I was pretty accurate in digging it and really surprised it it’s size in relation to the clear target response. What I’m not used to is how loud the AQ sounds off on coin size objects say... 6 inches deep. With my other machines, that sound would indicate the target is just below the surface. So I take a shallow scoop and it’s still in the ground. Gotta dig deeper the first time around. I’m still real new with this machine so time will tell. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Nice one Bob!! I swear the "AQ" is Hotter on small gold rings then the bigger one's.. Even though it hits hard on the big ones I think we will see more of the smaller ring because they are more likely to move.

Thanks Joe. I’m anxious to see what it can do. I see it can hit tiny bits of metal using 7 delay and has awesome depth especially on iron. Wish I could run half that low of delay in the saltwater. I haven’t tried increasing the sensitivity much beyond the preset level. More time and more manipulation of knobs is what I need. 😆 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Compass said:

Finding the small gold is as impressive as finding the deep gold- congrats!! 

Yep. Those small ones like to hide. 

• Like 1

Congrats on your gold. It is great that you told us your settings. I have an AQ coming in and it hear the setting and performance from others helps in the learning process.

• Like 2

Good one Bob.   Im having time keeping up with you this year.    When the Nox came out ..... i was hoping it would get us more of these kind of finds in the wet sand..... then came the AQ with its low uS...... still think there is a lot more small to tiny gold just inches down being missed.   The small ones may not pay much...... but they sure do impress.   

• Like 1

On 12/12/2020 at 12:16 AM, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

the difference in depth exists on all sizes and all weights

but it is above all the carat / which will make the biggest difference

there is less difference (in depth)

on a 10k ring of 20 grams

if we compare BBS - vs - AQ  

it will be larger on 18k / 22K ....

((((( at 10 K you have more silver and copper than gold )))))

it will take you some time to see it in your statistics

but I am sure that you will find more high carat gold / 18k and +

with AQ

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1