Cowin Se7max Active Noise Cancelling Bluetooth Headphones

mn90403

Yes, they should although some headphones have trouble pairing with the NOX. I do not know for certain.

And have to say, noise canceling is a great thing on the beach to my old ears.

In specs the se7max says: "Wireless: Bluetooth 5.0" does not mention aptx LL - low latency.  The ad does mention apt-X, but again not LL (low latency).

I have a noise canceling set of PAAWS Wavesound 3 which I really like. You have to look for the latency information of these headphones. Wavesound 3 says: "aptX LL's lightening fast latency speed of only 34 milliseconds eliminates lagging audio". I cannot find that in the specs link on the se7max phones.

The phones I bought have better sound isolation of outside noise even without noise canceling. You might check that on the se7max.

The 800 included minelab headphones latency is: usually 40ms (per 800 user manual)

You could also plug any headphone into the WM 08 BT module and get 17ms latency.

More: Page 54 NOX user manual:

Wireless Audio Latency

Each EQUINOX compatible wireless technology has a slightly different latency, or delay. When metal detecting, the lowest latency is best.

When the coil is moving across the ground, any delay (latency) of the audio signal means that the coil will have moved past the target that produced that audio. Low latency (less audio delay) causes targets to be detected closer to where they really lie in the ground. This is very evident when swinging a coil left and right across a target. A higher latency will mean that the target is perceived to be in two locations either side of the actual location. A lower latency will minimise this effect.

WiStream Technology

Wi‑Stream uses efficient low-power digital audio transmission to achieve the non-perceivable audio time lag of 17 ms between EQUINOX and the WM 08 Wireless Module.

For the fastest possible wireless audio, use the WM 08 Wireless Audio Module*.

Qualcomm® aptX™ Low Latency Technology

aptX™ Low Latency technology is faster than standard Bluetooth, with a delay of 40 ms, giving a faster detection response.

Minelab ML 80* headphones use aptX™ Low Latency technology, and will deliver faster audio than standard Bluetooth® headphones.

Bluetooth® Technology

Any standard Bluetooth® headphones or earbuds can be used with an EQUINOX Series detector.

However, Bluetooth® technology has a high audio latency of 100 ms.

This can make it difficult to visualise the exact position of a buried target if you are detecting with a fast swing rate.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1