Two Small AQ Gold Rings This Week

Great finds. Is that a silver half on the right or a quarter?? Were you still in a wet suit or are there two different grades of dry suits? I was looking at dry suits and I think they ranged from 2 to 3k, but worth it if you want to hunt into the winter. Impressive gold total for the year too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Great finds. Is that a silver half on the right or a quarter?? Were you still in a wet suit or are there two different grades of dry suits? I was looking at dry suits and I think they ranged from 2 to 3k, but worth it if you want to hunt into the winter. Impressive gold total for the year too.

Thank You....Not my best year on gold but with all going on i am very happy and thankful for all.....

This hunt a couple of silver quarters and 3 mercs. Been a bad year on Half's.. may have 3 or 4

This hunt wearing my light weight Dacor....drysuit . I've got 3 off of ebay about 3 /4 / 5 years ago...during the summer..(best deals) ...2 BARE NexGen...167.oo and 95.oo then I put seals on both and a rear zippers.......I always go XXL also. SO much easier to dress as needed and get in and out of. The one suit I put Muck Artic Pro boots on for those extreme cold hunts (40F down), all have the dryglove, Si Tech kits. And all have "P" valves...a much needed luxury. Final total for each about 500.oo I did do all of the work myself and finally have nailed putting Zippers in...after the first was a disaster. The 3rd drysuit ..got it for 85 dollars, great conditions....Old Dacor... put all new seals on it and its perfect for fall or spring...Gortex and light duty which I am wearing in the video...its good until the water goes below 50...

One thing I really value, is being warm and dry during the cooler months.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

You said you were going to try an get out..... looks like you did well.   Boy do i hear you about staying warm.   Even here in Fl ill wear a 7mm wet suit as the temps change in Jan.   Some days ..... you just unzip it and let water in..... others zip it to your neck lol.   Lot going on right now for both of us ...... so these trips to the beach sure does help clear the ole head.    Few more days to the end of the year.   You going to show us your pile of gold this year?

• Like 2

WTG Pirate, two nice ones. If we get all that snow Wednesday that will really drop the temps.

HH

Mike

• Like 1

Those are a couple of nice rings Joe. Good to hear you were able to get out for awhile! Why did you think the stones in a lot of rings are missing?  It seems this happens more with the older rings. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, okara gold said:

Those are a couple of nice rings Joe. Good to hear you were able to get out for awhile! Why did you think the stones in a lot of rings are missing?  It seems this happens more with the older rings. 

Can be just about anything, quality of the setting, surrounding conditions? I've found them with the stones so beat up then some looked like they were just dropped. And I these are rings that have been in the surf sine the early 1900's to now. The ones in the picture are more then likely dated ......... signet 30/40's then the other I would say the 60's? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Great hunt all the more satisfying when you have to battle tough conditons.  Thanks for the settings too.  Just wish someone would come up with some electric gloves!

clive

On 12/12/2020 at 11:32 AM, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

All Metal only....Sensitivity 8.....ATS 5......Volume 9.......Delay 11.....Threshold around 5, very low.

I would also add that a lowered SAT (ATS) is something I've arrived at with this machine too.  In keeping with the evolution of Eric's machines there is a very high level of processing.  When you add super fast SAT to the mix there's a defininte loss of depth.  The upside is that with some of these detectors that run at a higher uSc (GQA2, CS6Pi) this makes for great stabilty in fast salt.  With the Impulse I see this slick processing great for ID-ing gold in that anything thats not a clean conductor will be wider and less consistent in how it enters and leaves the detection field.  Last ring I got was very narrow and clean--just an ideal response--carrying up really well.  I can see that this machine--like the GQ and CS6, will have the potential of being really accurate because of how well it's processing.  cjc

• Like 2