MDT Double O Ring Battery Door?

I don’t understand Polish and no captioning.... anyone know anything about the battery door in this video? One thing I’d like to see on the MDT is a more robust battery door, which currently has a short run of fine threads, barely enough to get a few turns. This alternative seen in the video is more like it - coarse metal threads and more of them, and a double o ring seal. Is this an aftermarket mod, or a recent change of design?

tarsacci-battery-door-modification-1.jpg

tarsacci-battery-door-modification-2.jpg

..Steve .....Since I speak fluent Polish .. I understood from the video. that it should be a more sealed version of Tarsacii MDT 8000 which has the following changes:

1. new metal battery cap with double seal ..
2. this version does not have a speaker.- so it is more sealed ..
3. The headphone connector of  is more sealed ...

Thus, this version of the detector should last in water for a significantly longer detection time.

Both versions are available .. Standard ... and also this "New" - more Sealed version of the Tarsacii MDT 8000 without speaker ..

11 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I guess I should have waited to get mine, but great for everyone going forward. The old cap should be eliminated on all versions.

I been waiting for a 12” coil a year and a half. Dankowski says Dimitar can’t make one. 1500 for a detector that only offers a stock 9x11 coil. Much better options out there at that price. I sealed my speaker up and spent lots of time under water but that battery cap upgrade is a real plus.

• Like 1

It is definitely a good thing that the Tarsacia detector is being further developed and innovated ..., according to Tom Dankovski, the technology of the 12 "round coil is already technically ready ... and so this coil should be produced in the near future.

Steve..... ive not seen this machine or even heard of it as a second choice.  Good ideas, but if Dimitar made that hes not saying anything.  This almost seems like someone is trying to copy and sell another version.   There are a few areas needing sealed..... the wire coming in from the thru the lower handle from the battery box..... the front has two prongs that holds it on to the shaft, the speaker as mentioned, and i like that cap.  

Carolina.... when did you talk to Tom?   He and Dimitar were testing the 12" coil few weeks ago in the Miami area.   They are waiting on a mold is what ive been told.   

1 hour ago, EL NINO77 said:

It is definitely a good thing that the Tarsacia detector is being further developed and innovated ..., according to Tom Dankovski, the technology of the 12 "round coil is already technically ready ... and so this coil should be produced in the near future.

I think they did some testing but not sure the outcome. I also think I read $400. To expensive for my blood. Good luck everybody and Merry Christmas.

• Like 1

Ill gladly pay that ..... just because it will pay me back ... that i know unless it a crap coil.   From what ive been told ..... the results were pretty good ... especially for just 1 inch difference.   Better than ML got with the 15..... ill be impressed if thats true especially if you have to reduce the ML..... and dont loose much depth in the water..... that can be a huge plus... for here thats PI depth.  Sounds like you are having real success with the AQ Thomas.

Ive sent a text to Dimitar asking if this is a CHOICE..... or is someone attempting to copy his machine.  From Tom this could be a fact as of a couple of weeks ago.   I think its smart...... he could now separate it into two machines relic and beach and go different directions with the programing.  IF that cap is aluminum thou..... its going to blister in the salt water.  SS would be a better choice.   Doestn look like a slip-in mode either.  The loss of the speaker is no big deal to me and i suggested it to him.  Id dare say over 95% of the hunters rarely us the speaker and us headphones.  WATERPROOF and being willing to say its fully WATERPROOF may get more interest as well because in the water this is a really good machine..... or at least has been for me.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

Ill gladly pay that ..... just because it will pay me back ... that i know unless it a crap coil.   From what ive been told ..... the results were pretty good ... especially for just 1 inch difference.   Better than ML got with the 15..... ill be impressed if thats true

The ML 12x15 coil was for coverage, not depth.  It was only an inch wider than the stock Equinox round 11" coil.  The MDT coil would be 4" wider than the current MDT stock coil, so it sure as heck should be deeper  and hopefully more than 1" gained for that price.  Won't help me in my hot soil sites though as that larger coil will just suck up more ground noise, so its counterproductive.  Did manage to snag this cool flower button with the MDT at my favorite site, despite it being max mineralization bars on my Deus.

20201213_152002.jpg

• Like 3

That is prototype version, sorry about that... I was post video too fast. Dimitar send me some that unit for customers, but he is working on it still.

• Thanks 1