MDT Double O Ring Battery Door?

Thanks Shelton.  Good to see hes still making improvements.  He needs to replace those tiny screws on the cuff.   They all come unscrewed for those of us using it in the water.  Do you know if this will be an insert we can buy?   I think this is great you showed some things being done.   It allows feed back BEFORE it hits the street.   Its kind of a team effort...... we make suggestions and hopefully the makes listen..... or we end up doing mods like on the Xcal.

I have 2 of those units, Dimitar made a few for R&D purposes, which I tested extensively water hunting.

I’m selling one if anyone is interested.

Aaron

1 hour ago, Aaron said:

I have 2 of those units, Dimitar made a few for R&D purposes.

I’m selling one if anyone is interested.

Aaron

Aaron what is the price if I may ask ?

Thomas.... since you have one... id be asking whats the price without the coil.   Why... might just help ya pay for that 12" lol.   Dimitar and Fisher are killing me right now.... neither has their coils out and we dont know when they will ..... nor the production model of the AQ.  This upgrade on the MDT was really needed for the real beach hunters..... and gives an option to the relic hunters.   I realize most arent in the water right now..... like we are here in Fl.   Crappy winter right now unless you want to dry sand hunt.  

• Like 1

Yeah the water is chilly here along Alabama coast. But I can still wade without it being too bad.  My granddaughter still wants to swim in it.  Crazy lol. I am chomping at the bit to get my hands on my Tarsacci coming Monday.  I know I will want the 12" coil for the extra depth in the water.  My buddy has the xcaliber and Garrett sea hunter 2 and an equinox 800 so we were hoping to have some fun comparing them because he is also very interesting in the Tarsacci.  Merry Christmas everyone

• Like 2

On 12/19/2020 at 2:19 PM, Carolina said:

Aaron what is the price if I may ask ?

Guess you don’t want to sell it to me. No answer.

On 12/24/2020 at 7:02 AM, dewcon4414 said:

Thomas.... since you have one... id be asking whats the price without the coil.   Why... might just help ya pay for that 12" lol.   Dimitar and Fisher are killing me right now.... neither has their coils out and we dont know when they will ..... nor the production model of the AQ.  This upgrade on the MDT was really needed for the real beach hunters..... and gives an option to the relic hunters.   I realize most arent in the water right now..... like we are here in Fl.   Crappy winter right now unless you want to dry sand hunt.  

Hi Dew, guess he doesn’t want to sell it to me. He never sent me any info. Oh well, may be for the best. Wish you a happy new year and good luck. 

2 hours ago, Carolina said:

Hi Dew, guess he doesn’t want to sell it to me. He never sent me any info. Oh well, may be for the best. Wish you a happy new year and good luck. 

Sorry, I haven’t had the chance get back w you sooner. I will post it on Steve and Toms forums today. Thanks

Aaron

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/14/2020 at 6:03 AM, dewcon4414 said:

Steve..... ive not seen this machine or even heard of it as a second choice.  Good ideas, but if Dimitar made that hes not saying anything.  This almost seems like someone is trying to copy and sell another version.   There are a few areas needing sealed..... the wire coming in from the thru the lower handle from the battery box..... the front has two prongs that holds it on to the shaft, the speaker as mentioned, and i like that cap.  

Carolina.... when did you talk to Tom?   He and Dimitar were testing the 12" coil few weeks ago in the Miami area.   They are waiting on a mold is what ive been told.   

As a serious prospect these issues being discussed are very concerning.  ( Batt. caps, wires needing improved, 90 deg ph jacks, extra o-rings are some) Anything pertaining to water integerty is especially importent.    so my question is, if I ordered a Tarascci today would these matters be addressed ?    I will say the 2 water machines I own , both have plastic threads with a o-ring. only one failure and I think it was my fault.    That being said in 11 yrs theres, never had a coil or headphone breach. Im really hoping to put this machine to use on land and salt water .  But, I'll be up front I'm no engineer.