What's Better Than Half Of A Cartier Bracelet?

Compass

23 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

Great going Compass,

I knew you couldn't resist the hunt for the other piece! I'm so happy no one beat you to it! I'm sure that faint signal was missed by more than a few! Weak signals are one of the hardest things to train your ears for, especially at the beach with all the noise and visual distractions! That is definitely a lifetime find×2! Great job! No one is more deserving! No pressure, but can't wait till your next great find(s)!! Enjoy, and Happy Holidays! Be Safe!!👍👍 

Thanks Joe! I wonder how many times I may have walked by that second piece as well. I was worried a few weeks ago when I was out of town during a HUGE surf arrival. I was concerned that the bracelet might have been easier to find during that time but the tides weren't so good then so I remained optimistic.

You are spot on about the weak signals. The stock TDI BH headphones are okay but less effective when the surf and wind noise is bad. 

This will be a tough act to follow but I actually feel that the self-imposed "pressure" is off me now. If I could never detect again I think that it would be easier to accept because of the great memories I have of past finds. I do still have that Rolex on my bucket list though! :laugh:

• Like 1

Fantastic find that I knew you would recover since your first post.

It would be very nice to find the real owner of it to brighten their Christmas, but I know you have to be careful with someone that says it is theirs without some kind of proof. That is just the times we live in I guess and I hope that you get to keep it in the end.

Good Hunting, Good Luck, and Merry Christmas!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Fantastic find that I knew you would recover since your first post.

It would be very nice to find the real owner of it to brighten their Christmas, but I know you have to be careful with someone that says it is theirs without some kind of proof. That is just the times we live in I guess and I hope that you get to keep it in the end.

Good Hunting, Good Luck, and Merry Christmas!

Thanks VL and Merry Christmas to you as well! I have to say that as much as I wanted to find the matching half to the bracelet I think that I gave myself only about a 50-50 chance at best and the more I hunted for it I felt like those odds were getting lower. The fact that it took so many hunts to find it made the find more surprising and, I suppose, more satisfying. 

The bracelet has a serial number so that should help but I would think that the person could provide a little more documentation and tell me exactly where it was lost. 

In doing some on-line research it seems that there is a history of these bracelets coming apart. Apparently, Cartier recommends using Loctite on the screws to keep them from coming loose!

• Thanks 1

That is one sweet looking piece of Gold! Kool save on the second half!

I've had a few similar with (gold targets) one ear rings and one was a chain bracelet. And just like yours they were in the same area but years later.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

That is one sweet looking piece of Gold! Kool save on the second half!

I've had a few similar with (gold targets) one ear rings and one was a chain bracelet. And just like yours they were in the same area but years later.

Thanks OBN, The few matching pairs of any jewelry I have found in the past have been by accident . This was the first time that it was intentional. The thing about earrings is you never know if both were lost or if the person was even wearing 2.

I've heard many stories of people finding both rings of a wedding set but that is still a bucket lister for me.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Compass said:

I've heard many stories of people finding both rings of a wedding set but that is still a bucket lister for me.

You keep Hammering it will happen...My lifetime find was just that...there were three. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. This hobby never stops Amazing me on what is possible.

• Like 1

One lady at a lake I hunt(rich area) said she  tossed her $25,000 ring in the lake because her husband cheated on her. I asked if she would want me to find it but she said she did not want to see it again.I don't know if i believe her or not since I looked in the area   but could not   find it. It is a  very trash spot since since they seemed to dump garbage here before.   It seems many people have tossed rings  away. Reno ,Nevada had a  bridge   where  many  tossed  their rings into the creek below according to a article.I had a  man also tell me he tossed his ring into the grass from the parking lot we were standing at.I heard of many woman tossing  their rings at the end of a lake Ontario pier.We have a spot off a deck and we found a lot of rings that could not have gotten there unless they were tossed. Many    rings are also tossed in anger from cars too.    

• Like 1

Nowhere near as spectacular as your find. Congrats. 

I found the ring about 2 months ago and within 20ft of where I found it, last weekend, I found the bracelet.

Unfortunately mine are cartier steel ripoffs but I just thought the stories were eerily similar 😅

HH

IMG-20201213-WA0001.jpeg

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, stevejhgla said:

Nowhere near as spectacular as your find. Congrats. 

I found the ring about 2 months ago and within 20ft of where I found it, last weekend, I found the bracelet.

Unfortunately mine are cartier steel ripoffs but I just thought the stories were eerily similar 😅

HH

IMG-20201213-WA0001.jpeg

Thanks Steve, Unfortunately, there are so many fakes out there that you almost have to assume what you find is not authentic until proven otherwise. Here is a fake Cartier ring I found earlier this year:

IMG_20201218_121759.jpg.f9cabd2f7b96bfc455811ce51188adf4.jpg

The weight usually gives it away before I get too excited. When I found the bracelet parts they just looked and felt like quality pieces. I still get fooled once in a while but sometimes there is no doubt.

• Like 3