How Is Impulse Packed In The Box?

2 hours ago, okara gold said:

My AQ has been working fine since I got the new headphones BUT ... on the last 3 times out hunting, the volume knob is starting to act up.  From the 2 position to about 8, the volume stays about the same. No difference. And when turning it, it makes a static crackling sound. Then when you turn it above the 8 position it goes to full blast loud. I’m living with it for now as I hate to send it in but I think eventually the volume will not be adjustable and it will have to be returned. If I play around with the knob I can get it to a position where it works for me and I won’t touch it. I had it all set today but had to increase the volume a little during the hunt and it would not increase until the full blast position. 

Had the same problem with mine back in October, but it was with my Threshold pot. Was getting intermitted static and the threshold kept going in and out, all the rest of the function still worked though. Eventually the threshold pretty much went out completely and was barely audible even with the nob turned all the way up. Felix @ Fisher took good care of me with the RMA, free shipping all the way around. Took about a month to get back from repair and sure enough the tech confirmed a faulty Threshold pot. I've taken it out to the beach once since I got it back and did an 8 hour hunt with it with no problems and all functions working as they should. I'll add that I never exposed my AQ's control box to water. Looks like there's a high failure rate with the pots they are using....I'm definitely gonna start using this machine more to make sure the rest of the pots are up to par..

On a side note, OBN's Big Boy Battery is a work of art! 👍

• Like 2

On 12/19/2020 at 5:37 PM, okara gold said:

I’m living with it for now as I hate to send it in but I think eventually the volume will not be adjustable and it will have to be returned.

You should use it until after Christmas.  I was told on Monday to send it back but with the backup already in El Paso and the holiday closure I wouldn't get it back for some time.

(I am going to 'edit' my closure statement and restate that I was told that many technicians would be off for an extended time before and after Christmas.  I was not told that Fisher would be 'closed.')

• Thanks 1

Sorry. They are open, but Felix is on vacation. If you want an RMA to return it let me know and I will get someone to send you on.

I am raising the whole issue directly with Tom Walsh - the boss. 

This needs attention.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Slimpickuns said:

Felix @ Fisher took good care of me with the RMA, free shipping all the way around. Took about a month to get back from repair and sure enough the tech confirmed a faulty Threshold pot.

Seems to be a known issue.  I doubt that Fisher would manufacture this part but they could certainly get some that are less faulty!

On 12/16/2020 at 9:43 PM, mn90403 said:

This is .925 Italy but probably gold plated/colored and the pendant does not give the gold tone but gives the lower coin sound in tone mode.

This pendant has been identified as an RBG pendant!  It is silver with 3 microns of gold over the chain and pendant.  They state that this is 1 micron thicker than the normal process which may explain why I heard both gold and silver when discovering it as well as testing it on the surface the next day.

Would this be my first gold discovery for the AQ?

560AEFCA-1FDE-4ACE-B6E2-23C82DA0FBA6.jpeg

It may also be the first gold/silver 'discovered' while it is in the shop!  haha

• Like 1

On 12/19/2020 at 11:02 PM, mn90403 said:

You should use it until after Christmas.  I was told on Monday to send it back but with the backup already in El Paso and the holiday closure I wouldn't get it back for some time.

Well... I never was able to try it on the other coast. The volume knob acted up so bad before I left, that it was game over for the AQ. All I could get was a loud sound that would slowly drift lower and then would get loud again. I'm now waiting for a response from an email I sent to FT.

• Sad 3

I hope we are 'remembered' for our troubles and helping to work out the bugs.  🙃

I’ve been using the AQ exclusively since I’ve had it and already am missing it’s performance. I’m hoping I won’t have to wait a month again to get it back. If so then I would think FT should take care of us on the end term of our warranty by extending it accordingly. It’s the proper thing to do. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, okara gold said:

I’ve been using the AQ exclusively since I’ve had it and already am missing it’s performance. I’m hoping I won’t have to wait a month again to get it back. If so then I would think FT should take care of us on the end term of our warranty by extending it accordingly. It’s the proper thing to do. 

Do you mind telling the issue ? I’m guessing the volume control ?