How Is Impulse Packed In The Box?

The number of failures in the field have been a disappointment. My theory (I have no inside info on how Fisher accounts for it) is that almost everything about this design is totally new to Fisher. That includes the components and the production process. They don’t have the long “learning curve” which they have with their other products behind them to find all the critical points in the device.

Having trotted out my theory, I can add a fact that I know. They are treating every failure as an “escape” in their Quality System. Quality Management is well aware of each of the failures and they are being tracked and worked through the system to identify causes, effects and remedies.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

It is worrisome to me that they can't get hand built under a microscope units right after all these years. We have been told the electronics are "finished" but that appears to be premature thinking.

For me, I only have issues with the shaft for the AQ. Both mine are a bit shaky I guess is a way to put it. One has a bad cam lock which will not tighten down leaving the pin to stop left and right wiggle. If you step on the coil and shift the handle left and right there is a lot of play. I’m used to something ridged. The MDT has about the best set up I have ever used in that respect. I think the electronics of the AQ is good, with occasional bad pots. I’m not sure how they slip by their inspection process ? It appears their quality control is lacking somewhat. It comes with quite a list of items on a check list so it is puzzling how a machine with no threshold could go out the doors ? There must be great pressure on the number of units per week in production.  The headphones are not up to par either but I hear they will be changing in the future. As far as Fisher and Rick goes, nearly 40 years in this hobby, and the owner of umpteen different detectors, none, I mean none have come close to the response I have received with “my” personal issues. Their response time and attitudes have been the best by far. This machine has been a game changer for me myself and I would not hesitate to say for a beach hunter it is hard to beat. Keeping in mind it is a PI and if your not used to their operation there is a bit of a learning curve. In my opinion for 1500 bucks or so you are getting a bang for your bucks !!! Good luck everybody and Merry Christmas.

• Like 6

17 hours ago, phrunt said:

Yea, I just think they did the right thing by keeping the early model as a US only product where it is easier to get it repaired/replaced/parts and so on as it would have been a real issue for international buyers having to send it back to the US for repairs and being such a small production run they'd never have international service agents trying to repair them, I'm sure the guys overseas who were complaining about that rule of US only sales are starting to think they dodged a bullet 🙂

Hopefully they can make the retail version much more reliable.  I've now got my eyes on the Gold version only now.

Well i know what you are talking about .....got the same problem with my Tarsacci last week got the switch on/off button faulty and did paid 48 GBP to send it to the US as no repair centre in Europe now DHL just asked me 18GBP for customs charges to get my OWN machine back so all together 66GBP out of pocket and trust me i havent find them yet with the machine.😁😂👍😁

RR

1 hour ago, Rivers rat said:

Well i know what you are talking about .....got the same problem with my Tarsacci last week got the switch on/off button faulty and did paid 48 GBP to send it to the US as no repair centre in Europe now DHL just asked me 18GBP for customs charges to get my OWN machine back so all together 66GBP out of pocket and trust me i havent find them yet with the machine.😁😂👍😁

RR

Man sorry to here that. I have heard little about issues with that machine. Not to rub salt in your wound, let me tell you about the Fisher AQ issues,

FISHER PAID SHIPPING BOTH WAYS WITH ALL MY ISSUES !!! I tell you customer support is top of the line. Good luck with your MDT. The way to get around import fees where you are is Mark the package used or gift, otherwise ouch they get you good.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Carolina said:

Man sorry to here that. I have heard little about issues with that machine. Not to rub salt in your wound, let me tell you about the Fisher AQ issues,

FISHER PAID SHIPPING BOTH WAYS WITH ALL MY ISSUES !!! I tell you customer support is top of the line. Good luck with your MDT. The way to get around import fees where you are is Mark the package used or gift, otherwise ouch they get you good.

Maybe i will have a Tarsacci cap in the box :ph34r::biggrin:

RR

• Oh my! 1

My AQ has been working fine since I got the new headphones BUT ... on the last 3 times out hunting, the volume knob is starting to act up.  From the 2 position to about 8, the volume stays about the same. No difference. And when turning it, it makes a static crackling sound. Then when you turn it above the 8 position it goes to full blast loud. I’m living with it for now as I hate to send it in but I think eventually the volume will not be adjustable and it will have to be returned. If I play around with the knob I can get it to a position where it works for me and I won’t touch it. I had it all set today but had to increase the volume a little during the hunt and it would not increase until the full blast position. 

• Oh my! 2

11 minutes ago, okara gold said:

My AQ has been working fine since I got the new headphones BUT ... on the last 3 times out hunting, the volume knob is starting to act up.  From the 2 position to about 8, the volume stays about the same. No difference. And when turning it, it makes a static crackling sound. Then when you turn it above the 8 position it goes to full blast loud. I’m living with it for now as I hate to send it in but I think eventually the volume will not be adjustable and it will have to be returned. If I play around with the knob I can get it to a position where it works for me and I won’t touch it. I had it all set today but had to increase the volume a little during the hunt and it would not increase until the full blast position. 

Sorry to read this. Sounds like another bad pot. I still have not submerged mine yet so fingers crossed on that. Good luck and drop Rick a line. It’s best to let him know I think.

1 hour ago, Rivers rat said:

Maybe i will have a Tarsacci cap in the box :ph34r::biggrin:

RR

Hay, I didn’t get no cap !!! Dimitar has been generous with extra parts for me though. Good luck and Merry Christmas.

2 minutes ago, Carolina said:

Sorry to read this. Sounds like another bad pot. I still have not submerged mine yet so fingers crossed on that. Good luck and drop Rick a line. It’s best to let him know I think.

I figure it is a bad pot and I’ll bet Rick keeps a close eye on this forum. I’m going on a 4 day camping trip over the Christmas holiday to the Daytona Beach side of Florida and want to see how it does on the wet slopes over there. Will be hunting every day so I’ll see what happens. Taking it out tomorrow for a swim here on the West coast.  😊 

• Like 1