Excalibur Gold, 1956 Class Ring

That ring has minimal wear. It must have been there a long time! Congrats OBN!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, tvr said:

There sure seem to be a lot of tire valve caps and tire weights in the bay. Every time I dig one of those I have to scratch my head as to why they are there.

Congrats on the ring!

TVR I swear I average almost one per hunt. And out of the thousands of pictures I have none that has a inter tube in them. I'm going to do a search later tonight and see if I can find one. Had to be some kind of rental thing.

b7cc553ea7548eeeeeb9530d954828d1.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

TVR I swear I average almost one per hunt. And out of the thousands of pictures I have not one has a inter tube in them. I'm going to do a search later tonight and see if I can find one. Had to be some kind of rental thing.

As far as the tire weights go maybe fishermen used them???

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Compass said:

As far as the tire weights go maybe fishermen used them???

I'm sure that would have to be the reason on the weights, it's those brass inter tube valve stem covers that show up a lot..... Rare for me to find the wheel (fishing) weights since most of the beach's I do hunt were for swimming only. One thing about hunting the old beach's here. You can tell where someone is hunting by the targets they are showing.. if they show all of them. Crustier the coins the lower in the bay they are hunting.. up north the coins are cleaner. And the same goes for the tire weights.. up the rivers there are higher chances of finding them where most would fish. I have one beach I did good a few years ago...rare to even find a coin or anything else besides... old jewelry.. fishing weights ..and locker tags... the reason... they had bath houses and lockers...and you had to wear there swim outfits. The fishing weights came later years once the place was sold...

• Like 4

Beautiful ring with little wear on it, glad to see it recovered.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Like 1

I don't think whomever lost it would be out there on a 44F day!  I'd dare say you were the only one in the water also.

• Like 1