How Many Here Have Found A 1877 Indian Head Penny Or Had One Of Their Buddies Find One?

On 12/21/2020 at 5:06 PM, Dances With Doves said:

I think a smooth  clean  pea green  Indian looks way cooler then a brown or red one.A nice 1872  Indian is a great find.Me and my  friends have been trying  for  that 1916-d  merc but no   luck.That to me is better then a 1877 Indian since they are harder to find.   2 of my buddies did get a 1921 merc in the same  small field of one section of a park. 

I agree with you on that green patina, something about it is just appealing! 

Probably a once in a lifetime thing to find my 1916 D mercury but I always hope I will run across another one!

• Like 1

I've found quite a few Indians over the years, can't remember if any are 1877s...but i'll look through 'em. One particular rural home site has yielded numerous IHs.. found 7 of them in one spot. Only 'coin spill' i've ever found.

• Like 1

On 12/23/2020 at 1:15 AM, Dances With Doves said:

I think Digger who posted on  findmall and was a    Minelab tester has found 3.That is pretty amazing.

Yep, that's Randy Horton who wrote an excellent monograph (good reading for any coin detectorist -- heck, maybe any detectorist!, not just ML X-Terra owners):

1641837856_Screenshotat2020-12-25161544.thumb.png.72781f84695abc7d8383546bc8930526.png

• Like 2