GPZ 7000, Gold Everywhere, Reno And So Much More..

Welcome to the forums, sounds like you are gung ho for nugget  hunting. I hope we can be of some use to you for opinions on certain types gear etc. Your TDI sounds like an interesting rig. Reminds me of a Subaru Outback I saw drive up to our gold camp in the Rye Patch area wearing some gnarly BFG TA/KO-2'S, great tires if you can figure out how to fit em. 3 ply sidewalls protect from sharp rock penetration. Unfortunately KO-2'S have to be D range to have the 3 ply sidewalls, C range only has 2 ply sidewalls. Be prepared for a lot of rock generated flats running 2 ply sidewalls in gold country. Seen it a lot out there.

• Like 2

Loved reading your small book, and glad to see you on the forum.

People are here to help you in your families quest to find the gold, and with practice and patience it will happen.

Don't feel bad about a long post as I for one love to read a good story, and your is quite nice.

Someday I hope to be able to get out there and do what you and your family is doing.

Keep hunting and in time it will all fall into place for you.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mxt Sniper said:

Welcome to the forums, sounds like you are gung ho for nugget  hunting. I hope we can be of some use to you for opinions on certain types gear etc. Your TDI sounds like an interesting rig. Reminds me of a Subaru Outback I saw drive up to our gold camp in the Rye Patch area wearing some gnarly BFG TA/KO-2'S, great tires if you can figure out how to fit em. 3 ply sidewalls protect from sharp rock penetration. Unfortunately KO-2'S have to be D range to have the 3 ply sidewalls, C range only has 2 ply sidewalls. Be prepared for a lot of rock generated flats running 2 ply sidewalls in gold country. Seen it a lot out there.

Hey thanks for the welcome. A long time lurker. This is a great resource. right now I'm running these great Goodyear weather assurance tires that are the best snow tires I've ever had considering they're not dedicated snow tires https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires/assurance-weatherready .... They really blown me away in the snow so far.. I had a couple sidewall flats though last year with the all-seasons I was running. Definitely am looking forward to getting some of those Kevlar or other dependable tires for the future. The immediate thing on our list is trying to find a used falcon xl tent and the funds to buy one.. step by step.. Ferociously... Good luck out there and happy holidays to your family ...

11 hours ago, Ken Walls said:

I have never seen an entire family so motivated in this hobby. Im sure you are going to find what you are looking for, as long as you keep the fires inside burning. 

I know you can and will do great things.

Hey can I hope that you're having a good holiday with your family. Like I said before, sorry it had to be like what it is and I wish you and yours the best. Meeting you is a great opportunity for us, we've got a lot to learn, and you really have our sincere gratitude for your honesty and providing us with the Golden Chipmunk as my kids call it. Look forward to getting to know you more in the future. 2021 is going to be a vital year for any prospector and their family. Carpe diem.

11 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Welcome to the forum... I think you set a record for longest first post. Great story, and best wishes to you and your family!

Hey Steve... You, general Hercules, Jeff Williams, two toes, you're a legend in our home. It's really an honor to meet you in this forum, and thank you for the wonderful resource you put together. The experiences that you've shared, from your f-75 to your Zed... It's the kind of thing, like giving a drink to somebody who's thirsty, which only makes them more thirsty 🙂

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom. We're great fans, and look forward to learning so much more. I never anticipated I would actually be in Reno in the United States communicating with you in person in the form. you never know what's going to happen in life I guess. Happy holidays to you and your family. Thanks a million.