Masked Objects Tid's

Rust was 18g, magnetite, 17g and crushed coal 44 grams with fine to small pieces. I just happened to have a good chunk of coal I broke up and stuff in a baggie for the test and didn't worry too much as long as it didn't pick up on the detector and did it's job masking.

Very good idea to standardize this and I agree will help people learn their machines and settings to best suit the conditions.

Thanks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 12/18/2020 at 4:56 PM, kac said:

Plastic bin 5" high...

Great tests!  I'm still absorbing that table.  I was also wondering the weights of the materials but ElNino77 beat me to it.  Now for the plastic bin -- is this something you can point to on a website (e.g. Amazon or one of the big box lumber/hardware sites)?  Short of that could you post pictures of just the bin with a ruler/scale in view?  I can see these tests expanding and rather than putting all the burden on you, we can help with that.

I have a particular spot with quite a bit of charcoal or burned wood.  I think your tests with the broken up coal pieces will help me better deal with that site.  Thanks for the effort and for sharing with us.

• Like 1

One more question and one more request:

Request:  could you post the ferrous/non-ferrous break VDI values for these detectors?

Question:  a couple of the MK boxes have a single number with a minus sign in front of it.  Are these actual negative numbers or does it indicate something else?

• Like 1

Ferrous range on the AT Pro and Gold Racer are 0-40. The Multi Kruzer is 0-15.

I just used a 5" deep plastic parts bin but any ole plastic container should do fine. The parts bin just made it easier to swap targets out as it was open on one end. Nothing fancy just a means for me to try to be as consistant as I could. I'm sore the brains here on this forum can improve and make it more standardized.

Targets I chose were as common as I could and as accessable as I could. I however didn't include the Chucky Cheeze token :), I'll save that for another day hehe

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure on that the bits I have found were in local ponds with gravel bottoms but gravel wasn't that dark.

On 12/22/2020 at 10:12 PM, mh9162013 said:

Thanks for doing that test.

Is magnetite the the primary "ingredient" of black sand?

It may depend on% concentration .. the content of magnetite / Fe3o4 / in Black Sand can be from 1% up to 20% and more percent ... 4-5% concentration of Magnetite in Black Sand is already demanding .... it will show a measuring 7 bar Fe3o4.. in Tek. G2....or a full sheet of mineralization indicator in XP ORX.

VID_20201105_190116_Moment.jpg
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have Etrac ... so I also did tests .. on 1 gram of gold brick at 15 cm in 7-Bar black sand ... In magnetite,
ETRAC will increment the item ID.
Equinox retains a fairly accurate ID .. on an 11 "coil..
But I will do tests on Hematite and publish the results.- Hematite has similar properties to Rust ... which means that it reduces the ID of low-conductivity objects ... up to the iron zone.
However, the correct setting of the detector also plays an important role here .. and the frequency used / High it's better /. - it is very important!
Highly conductive objects it is not so visible ..
I confirm that these tests really well simulate the difficult detection conditions in which I detect from time to time.

IMG_20190908_110212 (2).jpg

IMG_20210116_134923 (2).jpg

VID_20201018_140930_Moment.jpg

• Like 2

Kac,

I was wondering if you could add another part to your test.  Could you take a silver quarter, and measure the VDI at different depths?  Like at 2.5", 5", 7.5", with the quarter in the same orientation, I'm curious to see if the VDI changes with distance on the same target.

-S

• Like 2