Is There A White’s DFX Easter Egg??

locator

Is there something for the DFX as there is for the XLT? The XLT will play a tune if the correct sequence of keypads is pressed. Tried this sequence for the DFX but nothing. May be someone can pour some light on this secret.

Any help is appreciated.

resized_IMGP3926.thumb.jpg.672043053e878ea019691aba0f6d337c.jpg

I found on the forum Geotech1 ... mod for the Whites detector ..V3i

I've been looking for undisclosed V3i easter  eggs, so far I know of 4.
1. Hold down all 4 arrows, plays tune "Three Blind Mice"
2. "easter egg" program
3. "Golden  egg " program
4. "Rotten  egg" program

According to everything on the old Whites forum, there was also a mod for the DFX detector.

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

It sounds interesting but must admit i cannot see the logic behind it or would want to give it a try on my DFX,had mine for 17 years and never had the urge to play a stupid tune on it 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/19/2020 at 10:51 PM, EL NINO77 said:

I found on the forum Geotech1 ... mod for the Whites detector ..V3i

I've been looking for undisclosed V3i easter  eggs, so far I know of 4.
1. Hold down all 4 arrows, plays tune "Three Blind Mice"
2. "easter egg" program
3. "Golden  egg " program
4. "Rotten  egg" program

According to everything on the old Whites forum, there was also a mod for the DFX detector.

Hello El Nino77 - yes, I also read somewhere there is a mod for the DFX, but no one has a key to it. So my idea is it is a fairytale. Thanks a lot for your reply.

On 12/21/2020 at 5:02 AM, RickUK said:

It sounds interesting but must admit i cannot see the logic behind it or would want to give it a try on my DFX,had mine for 17 years and never had the urge to play a stupid tune on it 🙂

Hello RickUK - Now that White's had closed the doors and informations will become rare I had in mind this will be the right time to ask about. And wouldn't it be cool to spot an easter egg on Christmas?😉

On 12/21/2020 at 11:30 AM, Sven1 said:

Why would tunes like that even be programmed into a detector? Serves no purpose................

Hello Sven - It is in the nature of a programmer to build in a secret into the code (easter egg). It is not always a tune, it can be everything. (may be only a special string-row) - Most programmers do have a signature in their work.

Hope you all will have a very Merry Chistmas.🎁🎄☃️🎅🤶

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Good or Bad, I do have a Head for eggs, but once out of the Nest they are easy to forget.  The Faberge Egg is easy to remember, but the others can be harder.  If it helps, there should be 12 because that is how many fit into a carton.  I could say more, but that is “Top Secret”.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...