2020 Metal Detecting Finds

Compass

12 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

That's a Great Year!  I see some real Beauties in there too!

And One has to Love retirement!! 

Thanks Joe, It was a good year on the gold for me not just in the totals but I don't remember ever finding so many quality pieces before. Retirement felt very strange at first but I think that I'm getting used to it. 😉

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Againstmywill said:

Really like the video showcasing the spoils from all your hours of toil! Was the lake drained after a long time of being full, or is this an annual ocuccurance? Thanks for sharing and allowing us to vicariously enjoy your finds.

Thanks AMW, I should clarify that a couple of the lakes I hunt have levels that fluctuate seasonally and for maintenance. They are never fully drained. When they are low it allows me to get to areas that are normally covered by several feet of water.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The one thing I was shocked  about this year was all the clad that me and my buddies found on the dry sand  in this" as they say" cashless society      .I got about $10 of  clean clad one time and my buddy  clad hopper found about $12 one time and was always getting  over $5 most of the time. He was cleaning up the clad on the beach while I hunted  mostly  in the water.He used his Nox on the beach to get these results.For some reason he could not get any gold in the  dry     sand.I got lucky and got a couple.The   dry sand has been stingy on the  gold the  last few years  while the water has been more given. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dances With Doves said:

You had a great year and  deserve all that gold.How many targets of gold in a fresh water area and how much in a  salt water area.

Thank you DWD, That is a great question. I'd say that it was about 50/50 between the fresh water and the wet sand at the beach (no dry sand hunting unless I am desperate). However, most of my better quality and bigger gold and silver were found at the beach.

• Like 1