Video - GPZ 7000 Scores A Nice Nugget In Arizona

Nice one guys!!!  You mentioned not much for fines at that spot. I noticed the same thing at one of my areas. Out of curiosity I grabbed a pan full of deeper dug dirt and panned it out on the way home by the river.  No black sands and not a single speck but the area gives up plenty of bits and a few nice nuggs.....

• Like 1

Hey OneGuy,

Yep, that is correct, not a ton of fines.  There are fines, but not in any quantity that is worth running in my opinion.  We have ran a drywasher many times in spots on bedrock and other times the Drywasher and Vacuum and didn't really do well enough in my opinion for the time/effort.  

Rob

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the comments.  

Strick - Good question, but I think the simple answer is the gold was in a thin lens to start with.  It wasn't a round ball, or cube that got pounded and flatted like that over the years, but rather a thin lens (tiny vein) running through the quartz or schist.  The thin lens broke away from the quartz or host rock and then got worn down.  The piece was always flat, just got smoothened out.  

Hope this helps,

Rob

• Like 3