AQ Battery Life Question

My first time out all I got was 2.5 hours before the red flashing low batter light started to flash and sound off.

My second hunt was 2 hours went I called it quits due to weather. I then did batter check at the end of the hunt, the light was yellow assuming I had less than 30 minutes. left. So my second hunt would have lasted no more than 2.5 hours.

Here are my setting:  Volume 8, sensitivity 5 to 6, threshold 3-4, ATS 8, reject 6, mode was TONE, delay frequency 7.5 for an hour and 8 for an hour. 

I know the lower the delay frequency the more battery drain.

When I charge, it is full charge in 2.5 to 3 hours. I left it on for 5 hours just to be safe.

So my question is, what is your average battery life on your hunts?

1 hour ago, CCadrin said:

My first time out all I got was 2.5 hours before the red flashing low batter light started to flash and sound off.

My second hunt was 2 hours went I called it quits due to weather. I then did batter check at the end of the hunt, the light was yellow assuming I had less than 30 minutes. left. So my second hunt would have lasted no more than 2.5 hours.

Here are my setting:  Volume 8, sensitivity 5 to 6, threshold 3-4, ATS 8, reject 6, mode was TONE, delay frequency 7.5 for an hour and 8 for an hour. 

I know the lower the delay frequency the more battery drain.

When I charge, it is full charge in 2.5 to 3 hours. I left it on for 5 hours just to be safe.

So my question is, what is your average battery life on your hunts?

Both my stock batteries gave me 3.24 hrs each. I do not use them now though.  All metal mode will drain your battery faster than tone mode so yours does not sound right. The batteries do drain down a bit when just sitting so I would charge just prior to your hunt. Beechnut offers a couple of different batteries and set ups if your interested. I know it’s a shame on the stock battery performance but just remember to charge just prior to use. Good luck and Merry Christmas.

1 hour ago, Carolina said:

Both my stock batteries gave me 3.24 hrs each. I do not use them now though.  All metal mode will drain your battery faster than tone mode so yours does not sound right. The batteries do drain down a bit when just sitting so I would charge just prior to your hunt. Beechnut offers a couple of different batteries and set ups if your interested. I know it’s a shame on the stock battery performance but just remember to charge just prior to use. Good luck and Merry Christmas.

I charged the batteries the 'day of the first hunt" , and a couple days before today's hunt. Today's hunt I did not use the 'all metal mode' at all. It was strictly TONE.

OBN has me on the list for a large battery setup.

A

• Like 1

The two stock batteries I have do not perform quite the same. One is consistent at about 3 hours 10 or 15 minutes the other one at about 2 hours 50 minutes to three hours. Not real far off, but consistently one battery is longer than the other.

I've never gotten even 3 hours of use on my stock battery. It's been cycled many times and still only gets 2.75 hours at the most before it goes dead. 

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

47 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

I'm almost temped to cut one of those battery packs open and see what the heck is in them.

Definitely not like the batteries in my Tesla.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1