Impact Pro Or Anfibio Multi??

Nik11

Can't really decide between the 2 of them!! Could someone with experience or knowledge among these help me? 

It is going to be the only detector I will own for quite a period of time that's why I am so skeptical about it! Also I am a new member in this exiting hobby! Thanks in advance! 

Hi Nik11,

I am partial to the IMPACT Pro. mostly because 1) I don't need waterproof, and 2) I like having all 12 of the programs and 3) the price of the IMPACT Pro is so good.  I found it hard not to buy one.

I think there are only two features on the Anfibio that the Impact doesn't have....tone volume and notch volume, which can be useful in some situations but are not deal killers.  Well....EUD, too, but my experience with EUD on my Gold Kruzer is that its not something you'd use very often.

It really comes down to waterproofing.  If you need waterproof, then the Anfibio would be the one.   If you are going to primarily be a land hunter, then the Impact would be a great purchase, plus you'd have some money left over to buy some accessories and really kit yourself out.   If you are in the states I can refer you to my dealer friend who can give you a great price on either one, Craig at ShowMeTreasure.com   I buy all of my Nokta/Makro stuff from him now.

Good luck!

HH
MIke

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I chose the Multi Kruzer over the Amphibio for the traditional S shaft. From what I hear they are nearly identical performance wise and Kruzer lacks a 99 tone audio. They do have a iron notch volume control as well as regular iron control. The Notch iron allows you to still hear iron when you start notching out other targets. The Multi Kruzer in 5khz works very well at the beach and handles the salt very well for a vlf. It has a beach mode but I am finding 3 tone does just as well.

How does the audio compare between Kruzer/Amphibios and the Impact? The Kruzer is a little sparky.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think the Anfibio has a better deeper standard coil. The special deal that is now running offers a choice on the second coil. One is a concentric that works well in the iron & trash with good VDI stability & discrimination . You really can't go wrong with either one. They are both easy to learn on and you won't out grow them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Anfibio comes with the 11" round, whereas the Impact Pro comes with the 11x7" and 7"x4". So if you are going to be working tight areas, or super thick trash, the smaller coils with the Impact will give you better results. But if you are going to work more open areas, the extra depth of the 11" round will be appreciated. If you ever do night hunts, the back lit buttons of the Anfibio are awesome. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Having a decent amount of hours on the Kruzer with 7x11 coil it isn't any slouch and the machine has very good depth so 10" dime isn't unusual in most cases. 7x11 in 3 tone mode works very well in high trash areas.

I recently go a 12x11 Superfly for the Kruzer and air tests only give it 2-3 inches tops in depth. In the field that depth is less. The 12x11 should be similar to the stock 11" round coil on the Amphibio.

I use the larger coil at the beach and less trashy fields. The 7x11 does work better in trashier areas and woods hunting. The bit of $$ difference you can snag the Pulse Dive pinpointer and pair that up with the green headphones. The pointer is very nice and it toggles between the detector and pointer so there is absolutely no interference. 3rd party pointers may interfere and more so depending on frequency chosen.

Think it boils down to ergonomics and package deals available.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Never used the Anfibio but have had an Impact for a long time.

The Impact with the 13" Mars Discovery coil (great depth) and the little 4x7 football coil (great in the trash) is a KILLER set up for a great price.

If you need waterproof the Anfibio is your answer though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Between the 12x11 and 7x11 the 12x11 is more stable and not as jittery, mabye because it has a wider signal spread. The 7x11 is better at separation.

Still curious on the audio comparison between them. I find the Kruzer to be quick and abrupt, sometimes it can be hard to follow when compared to machines that have longer tone rolls. Not a bad thing just takes getting used to after using the Tejon forever.

• Thanks 1

Does the Anfibio/Kruzer have the same blended audio at the tone break points like the Impact?   That is one thing I like about the Impact that I'm just starting to enjoy, especially down at the ferrous/non ferrous break point.  The phase shift target id may show the peak signal TID but the audio blends what isn't displayed, so I get low tone mid tone audio blending.  It lets me know when most of a signal's responses are below the tone break point.  I'm trying to develop that more for chain hunting as I get time.   Figure out what tone frequencies give me the best blending, do I want to move two tone break points close together and see if I can get a blended audio bracket, stuff like that.

HH
Mike  

• Thanks 1

Thank you all for the responses 😁

Well , at the moment I ll be staying in Greece and I wanted a detector for this kind of area! Funny thing is that here the impact is more expensive than anfiobio multi!! 🤷‍♂️ (even the standard version of it)...makes me wonder.... 

To begin with ,I had in mind exploring areas such as mountains, fields, around lakes and rivers !! The question is,shall I just buy the anfibio which is a better $$deal +it's waterproof+ (there is a mode for crypt?) Or the impact will respond better inland !! 

Also the impact seems to have some alternatives in coils, is it the same for anfibio multi??