Impact Pro Or Anfibio Multi??

Nik11

Kind of sorta. I set my breaks on key junk like a zinc for instance and will give me a sort of mixed tone that sounds like crap 🙂

I wouldn't really call it blending. When I first got the MK I used 2 tone quite a bit. Iron and VCO are really good for relic hunting but I found over time the vco didn't have a lot of tonal range and tended to run hot like deep mode even with the gain set down. Of course I am comparing the vco to my Tejon vco which really tells you a lot about the target depth size and the tone roll is much more informative.

2 minutes ago, Nik11 said:

Well , at the moment I ll be staying in Greece and I wanted a detector for this kind of area! Funny thing is that here the impact is more expensive than anfiobio multi!! 🤷‍♂️ (even the standard version of it)...makes me wonder.... 

To begin with ,I had in mind exploring areas such as mountains, fields, around lakes and rivers !! The question is,shall I just buy the anfibio which is a better $$deal +it's waterproof+ (there is a mode for crypt?) Or the impact will respond better inland !! 

Also the impact seems to have some alternatives in coils, is it the same for anfibio multi?? 

Amphibio might be your better choice, you have some good beaches there to pick at as well. There are a lot of coils for the Amphibio/Kruzer series and impact too. I think just the Gold Kruzer has limited coil options.

• Thanks 1

On 12/24/2020 at 4:23 AM, kac said:

Amphibio might be your better choice, you have some good beaches there to pick at as well. There are a lot of coils for the Amphibio/Kruzer series and impact too. I think just the Gold Kruzer has limited coil options.

Thank very much my friend, for your help and time!! It was really helpful!! Shall I ask you something more, if you could choose among any company and model .... Which detector you would pick/or recommend 

• Thanks 1

What people are not aware of is the Impact is phenomenal in very highly mineralised ground and can be used anywhere on the planet except on the rim of a volcano.It is more versatile than any other detector with 12 modes and the COG mode was especially developed for the Impact for alkaline soils.It is very well balanced which offsets its disadvantage of being heavy to a degree.Anfibio is half a pound lighter. In inland arid regions where I use it being waterproof is not a big issue but in more wetter regions I would go for the Anfibio as I had the bad experience of my first detector being ruined as I tried to use it in the rain albeit with protective plastic covering but water has a talent of infiltrating unsealed devices.

Have not tested the Anfibio in hot soils but it should be similar but would not buy it without some proof.Anfibio has the disadvantage of having to be charged from the mains but Impact can be used in remote areas simply by carrying a spare set of batteries. I have 8 rechargeable batteries which are charged from the car cigarette lighter.Anfibio has the option of being available also in a solely 14 Khz or solely 19 Khz  frequency models which to me is is a great advantage as I only use 20 Khz and also makes these two models cheaper.

The Anfibio has a limit available in larger coils, the AF 35 coil or 13.5 inch coil. Whilst the Impact can be fitted with the IM 45 which is a 15X17 inch coil.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1