Trx Pinpointer Song Easter Egg

Today was out in a park, shooting coins with a friend. (Between us, got three forties wheats, 1940 Jefferson, a Mercury, and a silver ring) Beauty weather for December: high fifties, sunny. Nice day. In the middle of it all, whilst I was rooting in a hole, my TRX pinpointer started playing a song! I thought it was telling me to change the battery. No, it was playing a weird little ditty. Neither my friend or I could recognize the tune. Anyone have any light to shed on this? I found a YouTube video from 6 six years ago, but I'm not even sure it was the same song... I wish I had thought to record the song with my phone, but I admit I failed to think fast enough.   😞     Oh, White's Electronics, you shall be missed!

• Like 5

• The title was changed to Trx Pinpointer Song Easter Egg

The little ditty, is Money Money Money by Abba.  I wish less time was spent wasting time on an easter egg, and more on the development and testing.  I had no end of trouble with the TRX, water ingress, around the on off switch, foam insert in battery cap failing and not pushing against the battery,   sounding off when nowhere near ground especially if you rotated it towards the sky.

All were known issues, I had 4 TRX's in the end White's UK replacing them.  I went back to my old garrett pinpointer

I think my ML Profind 35 plays green acres in monotone but that could be the iron audio if I hold it just right...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Did you have to hit any buttons in a sequence to get the easter egg or was it just random?

I think that is one of those cool things that makes machines interesting.