New To This Forum And Just Received My Simplex +

I have just purchase and received the Simplex +. This detector is a upgrade addition to my already collection of detectors.

Thanks to all for the ID information that has been posted here. This will help me a lot. I have never had a detector with a DD coil before so I am trying to get use to how it react to coins. 

To all that has purchase the Simplex + has anyone notice the screen icons flicking or has a heylo look on the screen?  I notice this two days ago when I was out detecting.

I have already been blessed on my first outing with the Simplex and found a 1943 Walking Liberty Half Dollar. My first ever. I was just shocked.

That's all for now.  Everyone have a MERRY CHRISTMAS and stay safe...

• Like 6

• The title was changed to New To This Forum And Just Received My Simplex +

Never heard of flickering on the screen, you have a video of that? Nokta opened up a 2nd service center. You may want to contact them. Congrats on the walking liberty!

NOKTA MAKRO SERVICE CENTER
Name: Andy O’Neal
Address: 120 Black Ave. Chaffee, MO 63740
Tel: 573-270-0447
Email: Noktarepairs@wedigmetaldetectors.net

The Simplex+ is certainly offers a lot of bang for your buck, really enjoying mine.  Are you talking about the auto backlighting coming on when over a target, or the actual icons? 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MIKCJ7 said:

I have already been blessed on my first outing with the Simplex and found a 1943 Walking Liberty Half Dollar. My first ever. I was just shocked.

That's my favorite coin design of all time but I've yet to find one while detecting (nor any other silver half).  That's a trophy case find for sure thanks to help from your Simplex.  How about posting a photo of it here or better yet on the Coins and Relics sub-forum?

Just had a thought that the "halo" effect on the screen is actually from the clear protective screen cover from when new - noticed it on mine.

On 12/24/2020 at 7:37 PM, kac said:

Never heard of flickering on the screen, you have a video of that? Nokta opened up a 2nd service center. You may want to contact them. Congrats on the walking liberty!

NOKTA MAKRO SERVICE CENTER
Name: Andy O’Neal
Address: 120 Black Ave. Chaffee, MO 63740
Tel: 573-270-0447
Email: Noktarepairs@wedigmetaldetectors.net

Thanks for information.  Weather has not allow me to get out.

On 12/25/2020 at 2:45 PM, GB_Amateur said:

That's my favorite coin design of all time but I've yet to find one while detecting (nor any other silver half).  That's a trophy case find for sure thanks to help from your Simplex.  How about posting a photo of it here or better yet on the Coins and Relics sub-forum?

Thanks for your comment. I will try to attach a photo.

I am wondering if you mean the TID reading bouncing on objects buried that give a mixed reading as I noticed the screen will do sort of a flash as you say.  But I believe it comes from the bouncing TID numerical bouncing around because when I get a hard hit with a object and the TID is constant, the screen does not have the slightest of flickering as you state.