How Many Of You Would Jump On A CTX If Minelab Dropped The Price To 1200 ?

Nope.  It basically does one thing really well (slays silver with its super precise TID at depth), other than that, heavy, slow, not that great in iron and with mid conductors, and unnecessarily complicated UI.  Plus, the price drop would probably signal the imminent release of the Multi IQ variant which brings speed, versatility, and perhaps a lighter overall package.

• Like 6

If I had to guess and Minelab  brings out a new Multi IQ variant     that is  superior to  the Nox by a wide  margin I would guess      $2000 would be the cost for it.I would hate to be short on funds for it because I bought a other machine.I bet this machine could be out before the close of 2021.

• Like 1

Even at 200 I would not jump for a CTX , I do not like boat anchors ... 🙂   
Wish everyone a nice Christmas ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest calabash digger

What they said above...It is a boat anchor.I bought a mint one like new for a 1000.00 to try relic hunting with it a few years back.... WEIGHT....killed my neck and shoulders. Great audio etc ...bad ergonomics design...I would not take it to hunt with one if someone gave to me. 

I do have a question...How much better is the CTX and ETRAC on deep silver than the Equinox? I have not see  a silver in my garden that those two will hit and the Equinox cant. I get the ID part but how many 11 inch silver dimes does one find in his or her career?  BTW I got a 11 inch silver seated being dug on tape with my Equinox....Did I know it was a silver coin before I dug it?? NO WAY....

I would like to see a couple live digs with the ETRAC and CTX on a 11 inch seated dime where the operator calls it before he or she digs it... To my knowledge there is no videos like that.... How much better is the question??