How Many Of You Would Jump On A CTX If Minelab Dropped The Price To 1200 ?

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

I'd love to own a CTX.

You would like it... this is a good resource https://www.findmall.com/forums/minelab-ctx-3030-detecting-forum.33/ they used to have programs that you could copy and down load but i dont see them any more...the website has changed a lot since I looked at it last...the ctx is a killer park machine... it's like swinging a feather duster compared to the 7000 so you should have no problem there 🙂 

For the record the quarter was found off the beaten path in only moderate iron infested area...just got lucky 

strick 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dances With Doves said:

One of the things talked about is a 100kz. setting with it's own specific coil  for it   in a  carpet of nails type hunting situation which   should interest relic hunters.

Well if Minelab (or any other manufacturer) can get better separation/unmasking without sacrificing (too much) depth, I will get excited.  In the old sites I've hunted it appears masking is the biggest problem.  I really like the Equinox's separation abilities but significant improvements would be welcome in my corner.  If they're going to charge CTX 3030 prices it needs to be way more than an incremental step up to get my $.  But that's just me -- I'm a cheapskate; ask my wife if you don't believe me.

• Like 3

On 12/25/2020 at 5:22 PM, phrunt said:

I'd love to own a CTX.

You might consider an Etrac instead?  Pretty much the same good depth, pretty good id capabilities, a little lighter (but still a boat anchor with terrible ergonomics), and lots of easy to understand options to set it up for most types and situations you'll encounter coin shooting. If I remember right about $1000 us less than a CTX.  I love mine for coin shooting.

• Like 1

I think Jerry heard ya, DwD.

13 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

I think Jerry heard ya, DwD.

I  talked to my buddy Tony and he said I could use his Ctx anytime since he does not use it anymore and the only time he really goes out is with me.He hates the  cold but it seems that is when he does the best so i call him Iceman   this time of year. He  uses  the  Nox now.I have used it a few times  and  did well with his settings.  

Having used one for 9 months,  NO. 

Will stick with what I have. 

1 hour ago, Dances With Doves said:

If  Minelab comes up with a Flagship Nox/CTX type machine what are you  willing to pay since you could get a Nox  800 for $899, and cheaper for   those who served the military.It would be tough for me to get one if it's much over $1500.

The capability boost by incorporating those few things from the FBS2 detectors that are desirable would only be worth a couple hundred dollars in value to me.  More importantly, and probably something that would actually drive cost up (since the above is only programming and signal processing - no impact to power requirements) is improving the build quality and ergonomics by going to full up CF shafts and stems, improving weight and balance, improving the grip and adjustability of the control pod, and finally deciding on making a truly waterproof or simply dunk proof/weatherproof machine rather than trying to split the difference like they did with Equinox(it appears to be mostly dunk proof and submersible if you are lucky and got one that does not have manufacturing/fit-up flaws).  I could live with dunk proof (rather than submersible) personally which would be cheaper to design and build.  Also not interested in built-in GPS and other half-measure bells and whistles.  That would probably put it at the $1200 to 1500 price point, I would say.

• Like 3