Got word recently, that both Tim Mallory and Mike Scott have lost their jobs at 1st Texas.  I think it was, maybe 2 years ago when Gene Scullion and others lost their jobs too.  That makes me wonder about Lupe, who is one of the workers at the main plant.

I guess Covid has affected more than just a few businesses. 

• Sad 6

Tim and Mike were terminated several months ago as part of a reorganization of the Marketing function at First Texas. It wasn’t part of any larger reduction in force and as far as I know - no other department was affected. I do not know what sort of Marketing arrangements will result.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Mike_Hillis
      I was thinking about maybe picking up another Fisher F19 but when I called the Mom and Pop dealer guy I like to do business with, and whom I had bought my last one from,  he told me he no longer sold Fisher.   Ok... well....I'll go to the next dealer I like.  Went to his website...no Fisher.  Looked up a third guy but it looks like he is gone.
      Notice the major online dealers still carry Fisher but the few guys I like to do business with don't.  Probably goes along with the inability I have had in even buying Fisher from some dealers who only wanted to sell me XP or Minelab, even though I expressly asked about and was interested in a Fisher model.  
      HH
      Mike

• By locator
      https://garrett.com/whites-manuals
      So, if you're after a white's detector manual they're now listed again at Garretts website.
      Kudos to  Garrett.👏
    • By Detecta
      Another video, 

• By Tnsharpshooter
      Go to approx 11 min 45 second mark here.  I am not sure this video here actually reveals all that has been shared publicly.  So I’ll post this link...https://www.findmall.com/threads/guy-with-first-texas-says-new-machines-coming-possibly-later-this-year.354573/

• By Steve Herschbach
      From https://company-announcements.afr.com/asx/cda/d72645a4-716e-11eb-8e1f-ee060ef5e0c8.pdf
      February 18, 2021
      Metal Detection – Recreational, Gold Mining and Countermine
      Minelab is the world leader in handheld metal detecting technologies for the recreational, gold mining, demining and military markets. Over the last 30 years, Minelab has introduced more innovations than any of its competitors and has taken the metal detection industry to new levels of technological excellence.
      Minelab delivered another record first half, with sales increasing 55% to $155 million. The growth in recreational and artisanal gold mining sales were due to our ongoing geographical expansion, investment in our distribution channels and new product innovations. The unique and distinctive technology embedded within our metal detectors underpins the success of this business. We are particularly pleased with the further diversification of our sales revenue, with our products now achieving market leadership at each key price point.
      Minelab recently introduced the new GPX 6000, which includes our latest GeoSense-PI (Pulse Induction) technology. This technology automatically tracks and removes unwanted ground noise, providing an easy to use, light weight and high performance machine. This product will be released to the market in significant volume from Q4 of this financial year.
      We continue to observe strong demand for our metal detectors with January achieving an all-time record level of sales.

Note that the Minelab fiscal year runs from July until June of the following year, so fiscal year 2021 is already half over. The mention of the GPX 6000 being released in volume in Q4 is referring to April - June of this year.
      Minelab has dominated $1500 plus high end metal detecting for some time. This note “We are particularly pleased with the further diversification of our sales revenue, with our products now achieving market leadership at each key price point.”  highlights that with the introduction of the Equinox and Vanquish series, Minelab is probably also now the leading seller of mid-range and lower price detectors.
    • By Steve Herschbach
      LONGTIME® is the first European label that identifies and promotes products designed to last. XP Metal Detectors products listed below are LONGTIME® certified to ensure longevity, robustness and repairability. • Detectors DEUS and ORX • DEUS and ORX Remote Control • X35 and HF coils • WS4, WS5 and WSAUDIO Headphones