13 hours ago, strick said:

wishing all my treasure hunting breathen a very happy holidays

Thank you and Merry Christmas to you.

I ran out of likes, and really have to say that you seem to always find some of the best finds I have seen.

Great hunting and keep up the good work.

• Like 2

Unique is what we seek and you got it Strick.  Well done once again.

Mitchel

• Like 1

What a beautiful quarter you found- congrats! That would be a find of a lifetime for me. 😮

• Like 1

Love that Civil War era San Francisco minted seated quarter 👍

Nice assortment of military buttons.  What period are they, WWI?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Love that Civil War era San Francisco minted seated quarter 👍

Nice assortment of military buttons.  What period are they, WWI?

Yes I was reading about that quarter,  there was an article on line...The buttons are from an old WWII camp covered by houses now. I used to hunt jack rabbits around what was left of the old barracks when I was a kid...it was all open fields back then....god how I wish I was into metal detecting back then...that would have been around 1978 (I was 15 years old) 

Here is another item that I found on christmas eve morning...it is paper thin...at first I thought it was a flattened coin...but it was so light that it did not make sense...It was bent in half and dirty so I carefully made it flat again and then tumbled over night...I already knew it was silver because it was so hard...the reverse side has an angel with someone below her...the pic is blurry on that one...I love finding these types of things. It is a little bigger then a dime in diameter. 

strick

20201226_164651.jpg

20201226_164717.jpg

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, strick said:

Yes I was reading about that quarter,  there was an article on line...The buttons are from an old WWII camp covered by houses now. I used to hunt jack rabbits around what was left of the old barracks when I was a kid...it was all open fields back then....god how I wish I was into metal detecting back then...that would have been around 1978 (I was 15 years old) 

Here is another item that I found on christmas eve morning...it is paper thin...at first I thought it was a flattened coin...but it was so light that it did not make sense...It was bent in half and dirty so I carefully made it flat again and then tumbled over night...I already knew it was silver because it was so hard...the reverse side has an angel with someone below her...the pic is blurry on that one...I love finding these types of things. It is a little bigger then a dime in diameter. 

strick

We find these religious medallions quite often in old coal mining camps than anywhere else. Most of the one we find are made out of aluminum and some silver. Nice find! 👍

• Like 1