Queensland Says: Come On Up!

mn90403

The Aust. great divide passes through QLD and has a lot of features that most Australians will never see. Have a look at this wikipedia link https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Dividing_Range The range is 3,500 kilometres (2,175 mi) in length and has over 45 National parks some of them are massive and diverse. 

Australia is famous to international backpackers to come here to do a lot of partying and trash our beaches as this week happened near Sydney and the rubbish they left behind was disgusting. No way they could do this in most parts of the world without getting jail time. Mind you some of the local farm owners are not slow in raping some of the pretty pack packers and they are over exploited by these farm owners by paying below award wages specified by the government for backpackers.

I stayed in Perth with my daughter for two weeks and she bought a house a few miles inland from the coast in a place called Elliston and over summer the place is muggy and infested with flies. She wanted to buy on the beach and this nearly led to a divorce. Near Perth we went to the Marina which has a shopping centre with curiosity shops, restaurants and cafes and a protected beach with shallow water ideal for kids. The weather was warm and pleasant with no flies.

Would love to detect in North Queensland but the taipan snakes there are too numerous and you can hear them brushing against your tent at night. If bitten you have only 30 minutes but the goldfields which have the nuggets are are very remote and this is a death sentence unless your wife is a nurse and carries anti venom. You can't detect in winter like in Victoria and southern WA as Queensland is tropical and has no winter except in the very South of the state.

My parents and I travelled to Europe when I was 5 and saw Egypt, the Mediterranean and the Baltic Sea. We travelled up and down the Eastern seaboard of Australia and finally bought a house in Melbourne. They got me into more scrapes than I care to remember and once when I was 5 they decided to take a shortcut off the main road to get to Cairns. They told me when we had to cross a channel and I stepped on something we thought was a log but turned out to be a sleeping crocodile. When we crossed this area of high grass we saw a sign with a skull and crossbones on the Cairns side.

• Haha 2
  • Oh my! 1

I'm amazed that there are so many dangerous and deadly creatures in Australia, and none in New Zealand!! How have the not hitched a ride there, or been intentionally released by people? 

Here in Florida, we have many invasive creatures here by accident, or released intentionally!😪 👍👍

Hi all. Just been looking at a news conference in Western Australia 30 minutes ago. WA is closing down the borders again to other states effectively as of Midnight tonight. Be careful if thinking of booking any cross state travel in Australia, cheers sturt

• Oh my! 1

Gm90403 I usually rest from detecting in West Aust. in QLD. Gympie is one of the spots that I really like. Way back in the early 1980s I met and saw some very nice gold that a local jeweller had found in the region.

On 12/31/2020 at 12:04 AM, lone wanderer said:

Australia is famous to international backpackers to come here to do a lot of partying and trash our beaches as this week happened near Sydney and the rubbish they left behind was disgusting. No way they could do this in most parts of the world without getting jail time. Mind you some of the local farm owners are not slow in raping some of the pretty pack packers and they are over exploited by these farm owners by paying below award wages specified by the government for backpackers.

I stayed in Perth with my daughter for two weeks and she bought a house a few miles inland from the coast in a place called Elliston and over summer the place is muggy and infested with flies. She wanted to buy on the beach and this nearly led to a divorce. Near Perth we went to the Marina which has a shopping centre with curiosity shops, restaurants and cafes and a protected beach with shallow water ideal for kids. The weather was warm and pleasant with no flies.

Would love to detect in North Queensland but the taipan snakes there are too numerous and you can hear them brushing against your tent at night. If bitten you have only 30 minutes but the goldfields which have the nuggets are are very remote and this is a death sentence unless your wife is a nurse and carries anti venom. You can't detect in winter like in Victoria and southern WA as Queensland is tropical and has no winter except in the very South of the state.

My parents and I travelled to Europe when I was 5 and saw Egypt, the Mediterranean and the Baltic Sea. We travelled up and down the Eastern seaboard of Australia and finally bought a house in Melbourne. They got me into more scrapes than I care to remember and once when I was 5 they decided to take a shortcut off the main road to get to Cairns. They told me when we had to cross a channel and I stepped on something we thought was a log but turned out to be a sleeping crocodile. When we crossed this area of high grass we saw a sign with a skull and crossbones on the Cairns side.

Crikey, I always thought my backyard (NQ OZ) was the safest playground in the world until I read this.

• Haha 3