Beginners Nugget Patch Location Question

I have read numerous comments on this forum about nugget patches.  In several comments the Rye Patch, Nevada area was referenced.  In the book "The Complete, Unabridged Zip Zip" by Larry Sallee, in chapter two he comments "...most of the better known patches are getting hit pretty hard."  As a beginner, is there a place (or reference) where I might find location information on these "better known patches" (maps, text description, etc.)?  I have tried to read many of the comments on this forum regarding nugget patches but have not yet found an answer to my question.  Did I miss something?  I certainly understand why some of this information might be considered "proprietary".  Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance for your input.

An added note:  I am interested in not only Nevada but also all western states including Oregon, Washington and Idaho.

Steve:  Thank you for the links.  Much appreciated.  I suspect that I should have stated more clearly my desire.  Specifically that I was hoping against hope that there was some sort of informal list of "better known patches" that would include for example:  Nevada-Rye Patch, ABC and DEF; Idaho-GHI and JKL; Oregon (northeastern)-MNO, and PQR in southwestern Oregon [where ABC, for example, is the specific name of a location].  

I do appreciate everyone's input.  Thank you.

The closest thing I have seen to a list like that is here. The problem with such a list as I have compiled is I can only list areas where the situation is not fluid and changing daily. Like the places you are interested in, which require up-to-date research. The links I provided were the ones meant to teach you how to fish, rather than just handing you a fish.

In theory there are people here who could make lists with maps, but in general protecting your locations is job one when it comes to prospecting. People speak in vague generalities if they speak at all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Rye Patch is more of a general goldfield with many small nugget patches located within and lots of space with little or no gold. You can find lists of goldfields in all the usual well known books. Finding patches within a goldfield is usually boots on the ground, or aerial research.

It's pretty rare for anyone to share any kind of actual specific patch location in public. There would be hundreds of people hitting that one specific, tiny spot, every year. It can ruin a spot.

The teach a man to fish method is the only way prospecting stays at least semi sustainable and viable. 

• Like 3

Steve and Jasong:  Thank you both for your comments and I do understand and appreciate your comments on fishing and also the public disclosure information.  I will try the fishing pole approach. 🙂