2 Reale In A Public Park!!!

Coinboy,

My relatives on my grandmother's side hail from Lansing, Iowa.  When you read the history of the Mississippi River you know some old coins were used and lost in the early trading days.

Good on you for finding all those saves.

Mitchel

• Thanks 1

BIG CONGRATS!

I've only found one Spanish 2 reale, a 1776 at an old Spanish outpost site in the west, they don't pop up often!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Great job!!!! That's one of my bucket list coins. A young friend of mine, who I introduced to detecting found one with his simplex the first time out. I think I was more excited than he was. That's just a tremendous find and hope you find some more. 

1 hour ago, dogodog said:

Great job!!!! That's one of my bucket list coins. A young friend of mine, who I introduced to detecting found one with his simplex the first time out. I think I was more excited than he was. That's just a tremendous find and hope you find some more. 

Wow that is awesome. I am also pretty young (14) and I was using a Simplex when I found that! Thanks.

• Like 4

14!!!!!! I was thinking your in your 20's. Son you have a lot of great days ahead of you. Be respectful of the people you meet and the places you hunt, And some of your best days and memories are to come. When I was your age hunting, fishing, trapping and digging old bottles were top priority, Many good memories still to this day. I'm so glad your here to be part of the next generation of detectors to advance our hobby. In another 50 years you will see what I'm talking about. Keep at it, you have a long and great road ahead!!!!! 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, dogodog said:

14!!!!!! I was thinking your in your 20's. Son you have a lot of great days ahead of you. Be respectful of the people you meet and the places you hunt, And some of your best days and memories are to come. When I was your age hunting, fishing, trapping and digging old bottles were top priority, Many good memories still to this day. I'm so glad your here to be part of the next generation of detectors to advance our hobby. In another 50 years you will see what I'm talking about. Keep at it, you have a long and great road ahead!!!!! 

Thanks dogodog! Too many kids my age just sit inside and do nothing but play video games, they are missing out! Lol

• Like 1