AND, it's an off center die ERROR coin!  NICE!!!!  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice!

• Thanks 1

Coinboy - 

Exceptional find - Just a walk in the park for the Etrac.  I'm guessing you're pleased with your choice.  

Rich - 

• Thanks 1

Wonderful find to end the year with, congrats!

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Thanks 1

Great find and you just never know what is going to be in the bottom of that hole!  Well done with your perseverance, finding the two nails and keeping checking.

Foreign silver coins were commonly circulated in the USA up intil 1857 when a new law stopped that.  You said the park goes back to the 1840's so this likely was lost in the first 10 or so years of the park's existence.  Just think (you likely already have...) what else might be down there at the 10 inch level....  I bet you can't wait for spring thaw.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Gerry in Idaho
      So when the excitement was over and we finally put it on the scale, it had us a little frustrated.  As such a bizarre and exquisite gold specimen, our lack of discovering this mythical style we had no experience before.  Now we learn, as well as a bill and coin of the actual weights.
      How many times have you dug a nice piece of gold to only drop on the scale and be baffled.
      Yes we were, but still a prize among gold collectors.  Watch the video and get a little lesson on gold and $100 bill.

• By mn90403
      Now, wouldn't it be nice to find something like this!

https://www.thevintagenews.com/2021/02/17/medieval-3/
    • By mn90403
      To see this:

And this:

https://dallas.culturemap.com/news/entertainment/01-29-21-australian-gold-dragons-lair-ausrox-nugget-perot-museum/#slide=0
    • By Gerry in Idaho
      Recently I shared one of the most unique gold nuggets I've ever seen and the post with a video is below.  I also shared it on FaceBook under my name "Gerry McMullen" (not my business name Gerry's Metal Detectors).  We'll there is a very interesting and 1 of a kind quality of this gorgeous lady we have not mentioned until just now.  She actually vibrates when you drop her in the palm of your hand.  I think because of the way it folks over onto itself is part of why, but am sure there are many other reasons.
      Here is where we are trying to get some input and or help from those who are in the musical industry.  Is there a way we can catch the vibration and make it into sound?  All comments are welcomed and if you think you know of someone who could help, please please share with them.  You can share this link or share the post I have on FB.
      Even now as I look at this beautiful lady, I get goose bumps.

• By calabash digger
      EL NINO sent me this link.. Looks like it to me what do you guys think???

• By Steve Herschbach
      “A birdwatcher has stumbled across a hoard of 2,000-year-old Celtic gold coins worth £800,000 that date back to the time Boudicca was at war with the Romans. The keen metal detectorist, who has not been named, spotted a glint of gold while looking at a buzzard in a recently ploughed field in eastern England. Having rubbed off the mud to reveal a 2,000-year-old gold stater coin, he dashed home to pick up his metal detector and returned to carry on searching. After several hours, and to his utter disbelief, he unearthed about 1,300 coins, all dating to circa 40-50AD. Experts believe each coin could be worth up to £650, putting the value of the hoard at £845,000.”
      Story and photos