The Nox On Bling

I personally would never ever use just one VDI reading when hunting for gold,as the shape and gold content can vary by a massive amount,also the same thing goes for any form of jewellery and even gold hammered coinage once again all down to the gold content and additives that are used.Also gold can come down into the iron range as well.

I never ever make a dig/no dig decision on what the TDI tells me,audio is king all the time if it gives a decent audio signal it has to come out,relying on what a TDI tels you is mainly i think a US pastime i guess its because almost all your coinage etc are of a specific size and weight and the silver/gold content is a specific standard as well,but in the UK gold and also silver content over the years and mainly with hammered coinage can alter by a massive amount.

For me using solely TID for detecting alas is not advisable in my mind,the theory sounds good but in practice and from previous experience i never ever do it.

• Like 5

• The title was changed to The Nox On Bling

I never have either. Although I have found gold rings with that ID number on the Nox I have also found gold at TIDs from 1 to 20. Is there a particular reason why you picked "11"?

I would like to know the significance of 11 TID?    Is that a nickel Id?   I notch all the time to help focus but never just one number, and never just for a nickel.   A nickel is just a conductivity break point, what I consider the very high side for small gold rings and the very low side for large gold rings.  

I guess for  Nox users maybe the 11 TID bucket is large enough to actually be a spread of numbers if compared to something with better TID resolution though.   I dunno.    TID resolution is one of the reasons I never bought one.

HH
Mike

• Oh my! 1

36 minutes ago, Mike Hillis said:

I would like to know the significance of 11 TID?    Is that a nickel Id?  

No, US nickels are typically a 13 on the Nox, but depending on the level of corrosion and composition (i.e., war nickels with silver content) even a nickel TID can vary on the Nox.  Unless you are looking for a specific surface target (e.g., the twin of a recently lost earring or a ring with similar characteristics to a recent loss from which you can derive the exact TID)  notching out all but a single TID is a really great way to leave a lot of keeper gold targets in the ground.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Mike Hillis said:

TID resolution is one of the reasons I never bought one.

IMO NOX has the best balance between TID resolution, precision, and stability (which all compete against one another) that I have used (including my F75, Whites  MXT, and Deus   <0 to 99'er TID detectors, all of which I still own).  That coupled with great audio that tells you more about a target than any 2 digit number - I can more reliably "call the target" with it before it is extracted than any detector I have owned.  However, I would love to see a Multi IQ detector with the discrimination capability and precise CO-FE TID schemes of the eTrac and CTX FBS2 detectors.

• Like 2