My Christmas Present To Myself

madtuna

16 hours ago, madtuna said:

Thanks fellas!

The heats not too bad at the moment JP, bounces about from low to mid to high 30's with a few into the 40's

But if you bounce out the door at 4.30am you ease into it. You just need a constant fluid drip in your arm.

Now for the gurus... No more signals at the 2 foot mark but the quartz that is holding it is still going down.

Would you continue chasing it down incase it picks up again and if so how far?

I’d knap some quartz out of the bottom and in a clean Dolly and pan see if it is carrying fine gold, then if it does dig 6 inches or so and repeat.

• Like 2

Thanks JP, sort of what I've been doing though I need to be more methodical and learn to mark my sample bags.

• Like 1

Sounds like your on a very good spot and I would go down deeper to see if the gold shows back up again.

Good luck and good hunting.

• Like 1

Heck I'd keep going and send it in for assay even after the VG gives out. You could easily have 1-2 oz/ton ore still with only a few flecks visible with a loupe and nothing on the GPZ. 

• Like 1

Nice looking stuff madtuna, i hope it pans out well for you! Follow it out!!👍👍

• Like 2

On 12/28/2020 at 8:35 AM, madtuna said:

...Was hoping it would be substantial but probably only a couple of ounces.  (!!)  (emphasis mine)

Gee, you sure know how to hurt a guy.  😏  Seriously, though, thanks for the video and still photos.  Looks like you have some back-breaking work to do to clean the gold. 

Possibly if you edit your original post and remove the [img] and [/img] from those two lines we can click on them and see the still photos.  (I'm viewing this in Firefox on a computer.  Maybe your device has those tags hidden....)  I just cut out the 'meat' and pasted into my browser to see those two still photos.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2020 at 12:35 AM, madtuna said:

Because I'm a nice bloke and deserve it 😀

Down about 2 feet and not getting anymore signals so not sure if I'll pursue it any further. Was hoping it would balloon out down lower.

tQndDrd.jpg

tQndDrd.jpg

Will update when it's all crushed and I know what I have, was hoping it would be substantial but probably only a couple of ounces.

MT: Used the "Other Media" tab bottom right of preview page 👍

• Like 1

Way to go Madtuna !

A couple of ounces , you think ?

I'd probably keep digging ....you're just gonna think "I might have left some other guy a massive payday !" while you're trying to go to asleep. 

• Like 1