My Christmas Present To Myself

madtuna

On 1/7/2021 at 9:37 PM, RedDirtDigger said:

Well done mate. Miss wa. Does the vein run/outcrop along the ground or is it more pod like? Thanks for sharing.

Hi Duck, yep you must be itching to get back over. Hopefully this year if the don't close the internal borders again, I think a lot of the indigenous areas/ communities are still declared bio areas and if not they will be if the Kungflu gets a foot in the door over here again.

As for this spot, in line about 50 metres away there are 2 spots where the old boys dug out the quartz down about the same depth as I am. It seems to be running the same way.

This area is littered with quartz veins running through the host rock anywhere from 5mm to 2 feet wide. They are at surface in areas then disappear into the ground again only to pop up a bit further on.

I am going to pick a few random spots in the line and dig down to see if I can locate the quartz and take some samples. I'm thinking I've just hit a little enrichment that's been at surface level.

Good luck to you and the misses for this year mate, stay healthy and no licking strangers from declared hot spots.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2