Small Scale Hardrock (Lode) Mining

I have used Dexpan and S-mite.

The main problems I had with it is,it dosent work unless there is relief.

Trying to do tunnel work with it just didn't happen.

I have broke a lot of ground with it on the surface. You must drill alot of holes for it to work with some rock types. Used it one time by a dam in 6 foot deep 2 inch holes it started popping rocks at us before we got all the holes filled. You have to use the right activator with it. If you use the wrong stuff it can be to hot or to cold. To hot and it starts working to fast to cold and it won't work at all.

Jasong you can try using a feather and wedge also but for production forget it.

I had to do this once on a 1/2 ton quartz rock down on the river that had gold in it.

?????..........DID SOMEONE SAY DREDGING.............??????

• Like 2

Cool, I hope you are having luck on your hardrock project BD. The one I spoke to you about turned bust for me. As I dug futher into the ore pile that highgrade totally vanished and it was running around 2 grams/ton and not profitable for me anymore. Shaft was over 100ft deep and just nothing I wanted to work in alone (or at all). I spent some time in your general area looking for some more hard rock prospects earlier this year. Looking forward to reading what you and Adam's adventure is.

I'm digging that Sierra Blaster, anyone in AZ using one right now? I'd love to see one work in person.