Nice finds!  I'm also experiencing/struggling with the falsing on my Oregon beaches, in the wet (with the AQ).  I also get the falsing swinging one way than the other.  Using very similar settings as you.  Still looking for my first Oregon beach gold with the AQ.  Very slim pickings up this way.  Looking for those King Tides later this month.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GaryC/Oregon Coast said:

Nice finds!  I'm also experiencing/struggling with the falsing on my Oregon beaches, in the wet (with the AQ).  I also get the falsing swinging one way than the other.  Using very similar settings as you.  Still looking for my first Oregon beach gold with the AQ.  Very slim pickings up this way.  Looking for those King Tides later this month.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

Try working east to west so that your swings are parallel to the water rather than working north to south which makes your swings east to west. Moving from wet to damp and damp to dry will give you a false signal.lower your sensitivity down to the suggested as Alexandre states you gain very little depth after settings 4 or 5. Also the earths magnetic field can evoke a response on the end of a swing as your coil cuts thru this magnetic field. I feel sure your issue is the the change from damp to dry and damp to wet though as well as trying to run a bit hot. Good luck everybody.

• Like 5

Once that stock battery drops below 15 volts the performance starts to suffer. By 14.1 volts it is flashing red. Not to brag but my battery goes strong, down to 12.8 volts. Then it starts to show signs of performance loss, till the red light starts flashing around 12.6 / 12.4

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Once that stock battery drops below 15 volts the performance starts to suffer. By 14.1 volts it is flashing red. Not to brag but my battery goes strong, down to 12.8 volts. Then it starts to show signs of performance loss, till the red light starts flashing around 12.6 / 12.4

Waiting patiently for your battery. 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carolina said:

Try working east to west so that your swings are parallel to the water rather than working north to south which makes your swings east to west. Moving from wet to damp and damp to dry will give you a false signal.lower your sensitivity down to the suggested as Alexandre states you gain very little depth after settings 4 or 5. Also the earths magnetic field can evoke a response on the end of a swing as your coil cuts thru this magnetic field. I feel sure your issue is the the change from damp to dry and damp to wet though as well as trying to run a bit hot. Good luck everybody.

I have notice some directional falsing but that was more in the water. I was working exclusively wet sand (sand bars) and was getting in all directions. What I have learned is as the battery weakens I need to readjust some settings (not like the Nox which I can run very hot and quiet).  I had also reviewed Alexandre 4 bullet points but I decided to increase the sensitivity and lower the threshold to get to the deeper targets in this one area where I found the rings. I hit a few very deep nickels and at that point I switched things up to squeak a little more depth and swing slower. And then bam, gold!

• Like 1

Congratulations on two nice rings. Keep them coming.

HH

Mike

• Like 1

Nice rings of gold! As for the falsing, it happens to me also, but predominately when swinging  from the wet to the surf. I figure there is more of a salt concentration as you approach the water causing the reaction. Better to hunt parallel to the water if possible or turn the delay higher. I have stopped a lot of falsing by stopping my swing for a brief second and then starting again. As soon as you hear the increase in sound, stop for a brief instant until it quiets down and start again. It seems to work well especially if in the water. When the swells come in and the machine starts to react... stop. Then all is quiet and you can hunt quietly again for a little while. This is not a fail safe, sure cure but with some practice it does helps. I can also lower my delay when walking towards shore from the deeper water. Then increase it slightly when heading from the shallows into the deeper water.

• Like 1

Bob what you describe seems normal to me on an exceptionally hot machine with auto GB.  Swinging N to S you have a natural rise even a slight rise and are going against the "grain" where black sand forms in sheets..... kind of like going over a bumpy road with a car.  Running E to W some of that you dont get because you GB doesnt have to adjust as quickly.  We even get this in the water with about any machine if you try and hunt those high banks.   It falses because we tend to swing the coil up .... kind of what you get from the so called "golf swing" lol.   Now at the waters edge..... waster is move and expanding the sand causing gaps and moving more of that black sand.  likely reduced sensitivity running N to S at the waters edge could be a better path.  Then do your E to W grinding.......its likely you are loosing depth anyway as the machine adjusts itself. 

• Like 3

Yep. I agree this is normal. The AQ is a nice machine to operate. I didn’t think there was much of an issue with black sand especially on the Florida west coast. 

• Like 1