I Pulled The Trigger..

Libertas

14 hours ago, Libertas said:

I have used one for many years with bigger coils on the 4500. How does it compare to the included Pro Swing 45 harness?

Use both…they compliment each other.

4 hours ago, Swegin said:

You can get these for under 6K US with full warranty. 

Where?

Just a follow up - 

I have about 6 hours on the machine so far and have some observations/questions:

Yep, it's stupid heavy, but using the hip stick makes it tolerable for flat terrain. I can't see lugging it up and down hilly terrain & gullys like we have here in AZ searching for a patch, so my 4500 still has a purpose! Yep, I need to work out more, but my gym/pool has been closed since COVID started. 

Compared to the 4500 menu/switch arrangement, the Z is so simple! Not perfect, but a huge improvement. 

The screen is not bright enough in full sun. I made a screen shade out of duct tape. Problem solved & an easy solution. 

It has a pretty lively threshold, but target signals are relatively easy to delineate. I was on a heavily thrashed patch with power lines yesterday and had to use high audio smoothing to maintain my sanity. I'm going to try Lunks settings. Bogene’s configuration for high EMI with threshold at 1 and sensitivity at 20 is intriguing. Like super GM1K mode! I have not tried that yet. 

I have used the WM12 both with the speaker and with headphones. I was having audio blanking issues with the headphones, so I'll try cleaning the contacts and plug. Works fine with the headphones plugged into the machine directly. I love the wireless since the cable is not constantly getting tangled on all the thorny vegetation we have here in the field. 

The plastic latch to stow the guide arm is just a stupid design. Considering Doc's solution. I ordered his cover package and a ferrite from him as well. Do I really need the ferrite here in AZ? Our soils are not that difficult, although hot rock strewn. 

As to finds, no nuggets yet. I have found numerous trash targets at all depths. The sensitivity of the stock coil is simply amazing. I did find a 35 pound quartz boulder down about a foot with a substantial metallic signal. My GM1K screams on it as well. No visible metal. I need a bigger sledge hammer..

Anybody know how much more the GPZ 19 coil weighs compared to the stock 14”?

Thanks!