Last Nugget Of 2020

Some clarification on the video...

I was running an 11" DD from my SD on my GPX because I had just passed off my 8" momo to a friend who I had promised would find his first nugget that day. Somehow, he was having no luck at all running my old SD, so I was feeling bad and I tried giving him every edge I could. Even placing him right in my path after finding a nugget, like after I found the 1.2 gram chunker shown below with it's 3 fraternal twins (cuz they were all born on the same day 😉). But still, he found nothing and I felt terrible... Probably didn't give him thorough enough instruction on what he was hearing. I even had him swing into a target that I knew was going to be gold before I disturbed it at all so he could hear all the ground noise, EMI, and then finally a golden tone. Anywaysss, here's the goods at just over 1/4 ozt.

Formation.thumb.jpg.474b94ea4a84445dae92eec7312c0b75.jpg

The angel wing here is quite the seductress, weighing in at eight tenths of a gram. My largest from the Cushions patch until I found the chunkys in the following photo on my last trip of 2020.

Lasts.thumb.jpg.4030690dbee3425cca110a0953694526.jpg

Hopefully you all find the gold you desire in the coming 2021 year, just not any of the gold out there waiting for me 😁 

• Like 7

Fantastic finds to end 2020 for sure. I think we all can see how your 2021 year is going to be and I for one will be waiting to see some nice gold pictures from you.

Good luck and good hunting!

• Thanks 1

BTW!!!

I'll be headed South from the Chico, CA area in a few days and I'm up for some detecting pretty much anywhere in the state south of here if any other honest detectorists are interested in a meet up! Was thinking about checking out this Ruck a Chucky place on the way down, but I am always up for a sufferfest to explore somewhere new. PROSPECTING is the name of the game I play. So please drop me a pm, I've my detector and batteries charged 😉

• Like 2

Good video.  I immediately caught the 11" round DD coil and thought...this guy is missing plenty of gold, but your updated comments shows your knowledge of coils.  Also nice to allow a friend to get better odds at finding the elusive Au metal.

Your area in quite interesting and the gold is beautiful.

Thanks for sharing your end of year and hope to see more from you this 2021 season.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By calabash digger
      We hit a Colonial site today that will be lost to development this week.  Sorry about the pics left the finds in my pouch. We are losing sites here at a very fast pace.

• By Rob Allison
      Hello All,
          I have a lot of video footage and pictures from earlier this season, mostly around the Summer time.  I'm just getting some free time to get some of the stuff uploaded and posted.  I figured this would be a nice nugget to post and see right before the Thanksgiving weekend.  This piece was found under about a foot of hardpack, caliche gravels.  This particular gold nuggets, as seen in the video was wedged in a bedrock crack/crevice.  Just makes you think how many years (hundreds, thousands?) this piece has been hiding there.  
      The nugget was difficult to remove from hand tools as we didn't want to damage the piece not knowing the actual size or shape.  We ended up using a Hammer Drill with a chisel bit to extract the gold nugget.  
      The nugget ended up weighing right at 1/4 ounce solid.  We also found another smaller one, about 1/2 Gram in the same crack prior to this piece.  I dug the first smaller one out, but knew it was way too loud of a signal on the GPZ 7000 for it to be that small nugget.  Low and behold, we scanned over the spot again and the signal was pretty much just as load as originally.  
      Tool used were the Minelab GPZ 7000, Minelab GPX 6000, Garrett AT Pinpointer, hand tools, picks and the Hammer Drill.  
      Here is a short video below of the gold nugget find and extraction.  Wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving.  Thanks God we are able to enjoy such a wonderful hobby searching for gold.
      P.S.  If you enjoy these video, Subscribe to our Nuggethunting channel to follow us.  
      Thanks for watching.  Any comments are appreciated.  

• By Lunk
      After helping Gerry train a fabulous group of customers with their new gold detectors at Rye Patch in northern Nevada, I finally got the chance  to get down and dirty with my GPX-6000 on some of the old hammered patches in the region's goldfields during the last couple weeks or so. For me to say that I'm impressed with the 6k's performance at these locations would have to be the understatement of the year; some were like detecting a brand new patch, just with smaller nuggets. Based on my finds, the GPX 6000 seems to be lighting up gold of certain sizes, depths, densities, textures and alloys that have eluded other gold detectors, primarily small nuggets that were too deep for the previous tech. I've also noticed digging more electrum (silver-gold alloy) nuggets with the 6k, as well as surprisingly shallow, larger dinks that had me scratching my head in disbelief that the GPZ 7000 didn’t ping them.🤷‍♂️ All up, 131 nuggets with a combined weight of 3/4 ounce troy:

The frost is hitting the windshield in the mornings now, so I'm off to warmer weather and more golden goodies in the sunny goldfields of Arizona! 😎 So long, Rye Patch, and thanks for all the nuggets.

• By Smithsgold
      Nugget Hunting a Hydraulic Pit 
      Me and Gary  @Two Toes  head deep into the Sierra's in search of those elusive Gold Nuggets the Old timers missed.
      Yes I include Gary in with the Old Timers as he has Detected this spot before. Nugget Hunting in a Hydraulic pit isn't the easiest thing to do but it's one of the funnest and most rewarding ways of finding Gold.
      On this adventure we take three different Metal Detectors The Minelab SDC 2300, White's TDI, and a White's Gold Master V-Sat this allows us to use both Pulse Induction and VLF technologies in our search for Gold and Treasures.
      Watch as we pull those Gold Nuggets the old timers missed over a hundred years ago out of the ground !!!!!
      Gary finds a old Lead soldered painted Can with Gold inside what did the Old timers us it for ? I find Six musket balls encased in rotting wood how long have those been there ?
      Plus Many many old square Nails !!!!!
      Thanks for watching I hope you enjoyed the adventure we sure had fun finding all the cool stuff and wondering what and how they used it.
      SG 046

• By Smithsgold
      Yuba River Crevice Detecting for Gold Nuggets 
      Me and Gary head back to Mother Yuba in search of Gold Nuggets and are joined by Tim from Blue lead Gold Productions.
      Let's Find some Gold on Mother Yuba !!!
      We are armed with the Minelab SDC 2300 and the White's Gold Master V-Sat that gives us both a Pulse Induction detector and a VLF detector.
      While me and Gary clear the boulders off Bedrock to detect Tim gets right to Sluicing with his Angus MacKirk Sluice box.
      The Yuba is known for it's small Gold so he should do pretty good !!!
      Moving those Boulders is hard work but that's what needs to happen to expose the Bedrock Crevices and get those Nuggets in our pockets !!!
      Yuba River Crevice Detecting for Gold Nuggets
      SG 047

• By oneguy
      Weatherman claimed sunny and 50 degrees today so last night I charged batts and dug all my crap out to get ready for todays hunt!  Grabbed the 2300 and the Monster and headed out this morn, 24 degrees when I left the shack.  I get to the area I figured should have little if any snow...but NOOOOO.  Had to use 4WD, trees across road from previous windstorm so had to hike in, couple inches snow with a few bare spots.  Sun never did cut through the fog and hands/feet got real cold.  Managed to pop 3 littles (.9g) so actually had a good day considering.  SDC got 2 and the Monster got one.  Glad I got out even though anyone with half a brain would have stayed home....lol  Had a great season and best part is property owners have invited me back for next season. This is the last of them for this season...I'm done!!