Last Nugget Of 2020

Some clarification on the video...

I was running an 11" DD from my SD on my GPX because I had just passed off my 8" momo to a friend who I had promised would find his first nugget that day. Somehow, he was having no luck at all running my old SD, so I was feeling bad and I tried giving him every edge I could. Even placing him right in my path after finding a nugget, like after I found the 1.2 gram chunker shown below with it's 3 fraternal twins (cuz they were all born on the same day 😉). But still, he found nothing and I felt terrible... Probably didn't give him thorough enough instruction on what he was hearing. I even had him swing into a target that I knew was going to be gold before I disturbed it at all so he could hear all the ground noise, EMI, and then finally a golden tone. Anywaysss, here's the goods at just over 1/4 ozt.

Formation.thumb.jpg.474b94ea4a84445dae92eec7312c0b75.jpg

The angel wing here is quite the seductress, weighing in at eight tenths of a gram. My largest from the Cushions patch until I found the chunkys in the following photo on my last trip of 2020.

Lasts.thumb.jpg.4030690dbee3425cca110a0953694526.jpg

Hopefully you all find the gold you desire in the coming 2021 year, just not any of the gold out there waiting for me 😁 

• Like 7

Fantastic finds to end 2020 for sure. I think we all can see how your 2021 year is going to be and I for one will be waiting to see some nice gold pictures from you.

Good luck and good hunting!

• Thanks 1

BTW!!!

I'll be headed South from the Chico, CA area in a few days and I'm up for some detecting pretty much anywhere in the state south of here if any other honest detectorists are interested in a meet up! Was thinking about checking out this Ruck a Chucky place on the way down, but I am always up for a sufferfest to explore somewhere new. PROSPECTING is the name of the game I play. So please drop me a pm, I've my detector and batteries charged 😉

• Like 2

Good video.  I immediately caught the 11" round DD coil and thought...this guy is missing plenty of gold, but your updated comments shows your knowledge of coils.  Also nice to allow a friend to get better odds at finding the elusive Au metal.

Your area in quite interesting and the gold is beautiful.

Thanks for sharing your end of year and hope to see more from you this 2021 season.