Last Hunt And Last Sunset Of 2020

Fantastic hunt you have had for the last day in 2020, I can't wait to see what you come up with in 2021.

Thanks for the picture of the sunset as it was beautiful.

Good luck, good hunting, and God bless 2021 for you.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the report Mitchel and congrats on the rings. That big silver one will be awesome when cleaned up! I also got out yesterday- what a beautiful day and sunset! I really enjoyed the hunt even though I didn't do nearly as well as you.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Compass said:

Thanks for the report Mitchel and congrats on the rings. That big silver one will be awesome when cleaned up! I also got out yesterday- what a beautiful day and sunset! I really enjoyed the hunt even though I didn't do nearly as well as you.

Happy New Year

Your adventures inspire me.

I was hoping for one last gold for the year but it wasn't to be.  I think with more time there was one there in my grid pattern.  I really had to slow down with the 11 to catch the sounds.  For a while during this hunt I felt 'naked' without the 15 because the target stays under the coil longer so I can hear it.  The 11 can punch deep.  The last ring was down in the wet sand 10 inches or so.

It is been a while since I saw the word 'sterling' in a ring.  Is that any age indication?  There is no .925 mark on the ring.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Congrats on a beautiful last hunt!

FWIW—  Wife thinks the "open" ring is a Ear Cuff. She also thinks she recognizes the maker of big ring. She claims that they use synthetic opals. Didn't stop her from buying three of their rings... LOL

3 hours ago, mn90403 said:

It is been a while since I saw the word 'sterling' in a ring.  Is that any age indication?  There is no .925 mark on the ring.

Thats funny you ask because I've often wondered the same...most of the older silver  jewelry I find (old home sites/ towns/resorts) almost always says sterling on it. Thats a nice honker silver ring you got there post a pic of when you clean it up. 

strick

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Johnny Crunch said:

Congrats on a beautiful last hunt!

FWIW—  Wife thinks the "open" ring is a Ear Cuff. She also thinks she recognizes the maker of big ring. She claims that they use synthetic opals. Didn't stop her from buying three of their rings... LOL

Thanks for the info.  There are a couple of maker marks.  I'll try to get a picture before I clean it.  I thought this material looks like synthetic turquoise.  It looked much better wet because that hid some of the scratches.

As to the ear cuff, I'd never heard that term before and I looked it up.  I'll give some thought to it but it might be too heavy itself.  That piece weighs 9.4 grams.

Here is a picture of the makers marks with my new phone!  I could never do this with the old one.

IMG_20210101_125320_725.jpg

IMG_20210101_125305_474.jpg

2 hours ago, Johnny Crunch said:

Wife thinks the "open" ring is a Ear Cuff.

The wife is right!  What do I know.  haha 

Written inside of the ring it says 925 but it also has the word cuff which I can't make come out clearly with a photo.  You can bend the open end ring closed and make it tighter.

IMG_20210101_135526_882.thumb.jpg.26fac3a8175357482237e6f5f354b132.jpgIMG_20210101_135547_542.thumb.jpg.36bc6ed5aaae7b241d388241902ee3a2.jpgIMG_20210101_135618_870.thumb.jpg.fd08e9514d1289cdbcd7b5b969e16701.jpg

And now for the other ring.

IMG_20210101_135449_388.jpg

IMG_20210101_135424_842.jpg

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1